Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with spotify user/facebook user

Problem with spotify user/facebook user

Hi!

I listen music on Spotify logining with a NON-facebook user but I found this issue:

user: myusername
pass: my password on spotify
result: log in with my spotify user
-----
user: myusername
pass: my password on facebook (luckily is different)
result: log in with my facebook account

So, the loging depends on the password, if I set the same password in both accounts in which one I will login?
How is possible that 2 different users are sharing the field [username]?

Thanks!

9 Replies

Hey there!

It sounds like you actually may have linked the accounts at some point. Would you like to unlink them? 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi!

Yes, please!!

I really want to unlink them and I just want to keep my spotify user.

Thanks!!!

FYI

My spotify account is not linked with facebook.

Edit -> Preferences -> Social

In facebook section I have a button for linking, not for unlinking.

My problem is:

I have 2 users with the same [username] but different password and I don't want to have an user with my facebook account.

For sure I would not open Spotify with my FB account, but if I change my password and both are the same, which account "win" the login in spotify?

Well, if you had two accounts and logged in through username and password, the only one to win would be the one liked to Spotify directly. Facebook requires a facebook login...you don't really put in a username and password in the Spotify window. Does that make sense? 

I recommend just changing your password...that should solve the problem for you. 

I think I didn't explain myself properly.

I'm on the app for desktop (doesn't matter the OS).

I just write my username/pass and click on the green button (not clicking in anything else). Image below.

If the pass is the pass for my spotify user == login with my spotify user

If the pass is the pass of my facebook account == login with my facebook account

Because the [username] is the same. The app knows which account should be logged because of the password not through the [username].

Icaptura.jpg

hmm....that's odd. The only way the app would log into facebook would be through the blue button for facebook...at least that's how it's designed. Is the resul the same with the samle playlists if you click the blue button to login or use the same facebook credentials with the green button?

Hi!

No, it's not the same, in fact my Spotify user has friends, playlists, etc and my Facebook user doesn't have anything. For this reason I realize what was going on.

I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support for some advanced account troubleshooting. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

Cheers!

I cannot find an option in contact form which fit with my issue 😞

I will contact through twitter.

Thanks.

Suggested posts