Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems Changing Emails

Problems Changing Emails

It promptly states in a bar that I can edit my profile information via facebook instead of using the section "edit profile". The changes have been resent and saved, but there are still no changes made onto my spotify account for my email. It still has my former email that is no longer active and permantently deleted. I do not want to make a new account, since I am connected to student premium and hulu. Is there a solution for this?

8 Replies

Hey @student2022,

Welcome to the community!

Since your account was created using your Facebook credentials (or it's linked to it), these changes could take up to two weeks to be updated on Spotify's side. If the changes aren't reflected in your Spotify account after this period of time, let me know, and I'll walk you through some troubleshooting steps.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Have the same problem here, I changed my email of Facebook and it didn't reflected the change on spotify. I want to have in my Spotify account the same new mail that I changed in FB. Pls Help. Thanks.

Hey @user-removed,

When did you change the email address? Since your account was created using your Facebook credentials (or it's linked to it), these changes could take up to two weeks to be updated on Spotify's side.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hey Noah,

I made the change of e-mail the 7th of March and I still have the old e-mail (that I used in FB) linked to my Spotify account, it haven´t changed on Spotify yet. There is any email for technical support? Maybe if I send an email, they can speed up the changing email process? Thanks for your quick response.

Hey @user-removed,

Try clearing your browser's cache and logging out and back into your account. If the email is still incorrect, feel free to give the Spotify customer support team a shout from here.

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Good evening Noah,

I changed my email on facebook about a month and a half ago, but nothing has been updated or changed towards my spotify account information. I also went into facebook settings->app->spotify->edit settings and looked at the email it may be connected to. It shows my new email, but not on here.

Hey @student2022,

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and logging out and back into your account. If the problem persists, try unlinking and relinking your Facebook account; please follow these instructions to do so:

1. Open the Spotify desktop app.
  2.  In the top-right corner, click Icon_Arrow_down.png  Settings.
  3. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
  4. Click CONNECT TO FACEBOOK.
  5. Enter your Facebook details and click Log In.

If you don't see the option to disconnect from Facebook, it’s likely you created your account through Facebook instead of only linking to it. In this case, you will need to give the Spotify customer support team a shout from here. They should be able to help resolve this issue.

Hope this helps, keep me posted 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hey Noah,

It worked! I contacted the Spotify customer support, explained the problem via chat with one person in the customer support staff and he changed it in the same moment that we were chatting. Thank you for the tip!

Suggested posts