Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems resetting password

Solved!

Problems resetting password

In order to attempt to get this thing working on my Android tablet, I was told to reset the password.

When I attempt, I get a red marker over the email address stating that the email address is already in use?  How do I get past that so I can reset my password. 

25 Replies

would you be able to help me out please? i am having the same issue

Marked as solution

Hey. 

I have a problem, i can't remeber the password to my old email that my Spotify account are saved on. And now i can't remeber my password to spotify... So if there are someone who can help me with that problem, and know what I have to do, that will be good!

I have no longer access to that email account, so I can't get my Spotify password... 

PLEASE help mee!!!

@camikulis - Get in touch using the lost account form here:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-password/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I want to change my password.  On the web (desktop), I go to the account page enter a new password, write the old one and click submit. At that point, the e-mail box gets highlighted sayin something like "Another account is already registered with this email address."

This process needs more QA?  

My username is dariointernet

@dariointernet - That error commonly happens when you have two Spotify accounts in the system, pretty common if you also use the email address for Facebook.

Try entering your username rather than email address on the page.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

cant set my new password 

@schmak01 wrote:

In order to attempt to get this thing working on my Android tablet, I was told to reset the password.

When I attempt, I get a red marker over the email address stating that the email address is already in use?  How do I get past that so I can reset my password. 

Suggested posts