NEXT STEP

Problems to get to account after updating Spotify

Problems to get to account after updating Spotify

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Finland

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

PC and mobile phone

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

After Spotify recently updated itself, I've not been able to access to it anymore. It doesn't anymore approve my username and/or password, which have been the same for years. I tried to Access Spotify via Facebook (after having entered Facebook and proceeding there the linking process to Spotify), but still Spotify will nor open, just says that "the linking must be made first". Which I have done. Because I have changed my email some time ago, but Spotify Still has my old email (my bad…), I cant get a "change password" -link to my email (because that particular account doesn't exist anymore). So, how to change password in this case? And some ideas, why Spotify, after a new updating, doesn't approve my username/pasword anymore….? I had to establish a new account to get to write here, but this is a free one, and the account I am talking about is a Premium family, which I would prefer to use...

2 Replies

Hi @user-removed, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Keep in mind that your username might be different than your display name. Username is usually a string of random numbers and letters. You can find it through a URI or a link to your profile. 

How to get the URI:

• Go to the profile on your desktop app, 
  • Click the three dots near the profile picture an display name, 
  • Choose Share
  • Click Copy Spotify URI.

If you are not able to use a desktop, you can always get your profile URI from a link to your profile. It's the part between the slash symbol and the question mark, e.g.

open.spotify.com/user/4loh7509ejfioh7d4x4bay7ndz?si=s-u6ceTf-Qrq6fw

If you're unable to access that, you can reach to Customer Support.

You can find the contact form here.

Have a nice day!​​​​​​​

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting here! 

In case you forget your login data in the future, feel free to use this article and find your username from the cache.

Here's some more info on how to find out if your account is connected to Facebook.

As to now, since you have trouble remembering the password and the email in your account is old, and no longer exists, the best solution would be to turn for help to support.

We hope this helps - keep us posted 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts