Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Notebook Asus

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Good evening, today I signed the 60 day free premium subscription with an account that I realized then that it was connected to Facebook, I wanted to cancel my account and subscription, and then create a new account with the same email as written on the guide to spotify, after following all the steps, I managed to cancel the subscription, but every time I tried to cancel my account, always following the guide with various links indicated I was sent back to the support page so unable to cancel my account. What can I do to delete my account and then create a new one with the same email?  Yours sincerely

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@marioanto,

Youโ€™re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

If this reply helped you out, make sure to mark it as the solution. This way, other users who might be facing this issue can come into this thread and see the solution too ๐Ÿ˜Š

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @marioanto, welcome to the community.

Hope youโ€™re doing great!

I'd recommend taking a look at the Closing account support article for steps to close your account.

Keep in mind when you close your account, you wonโ€™t have access to the following: 

• Your username, it canโ€™t be used with Spotify again.
  • Your playlists, followers, and everything saved in Your Library.
  • If you have the student discount, you wonโ€™t be able to apply it to another account until 12-months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

If youโ€™re having issues closing your account, Iโ€™d recommend doing this user another browser, or incognito mode. 

Let me know how it goes ๐Ÿ™‚

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks for your answer. I ask you one more thing, how much time passes between sending the contact form for canceling your account and the actual deletion of the premium account ?

@marioanto,

Thanks for the reply. 

Itโ€™s only possible to close an account if itโ€™s on a free-ad supported version. If youโ€™re on the Premium version, youโ€™d have to cancel that subscription first, then wait until your account reverts to free. 

If youโ€™re on a free-ad supported version; the support article I provided in my last reply should tell you the steps to close your account. Keep in mind that this process is permanent and irreversible. 

I hope this helps. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Excuse I am badly me express, I intended to say how much time passes between the annulment of the subscription and the cancellation of the account premium? Since I have annulled the subscription to the 15.30 Italian Time and I have asked the cancellation of the account 16.00 Italian Time and I have not gotten the cancellation of my account yet.  Excuses my bad knowledge of the English language

@marioanto,

Thanks for the reply.

This depends on your subscription end date. Youโ€™d need to wait for your account to revert to free before you can close your account.

Could you send me a screenshot of what happens when you attempt to close the account? Please do hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Keep me posted ๐Ÿ™‚

Billy-JSpotify Star

I load the photos  of the subscription and the photo of that that happens after I follow the procedure to cancel the account . Thanks for your interest

Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg

@marioanto

Thanks for the reply. 

Looks like your plan expires on 10/22/18, so you wonโ€™t be able to cancel your account until that date, since it requires your plan to be on the free - ad supported version.

You can still use your Premium features up until that date; after that date your account reverts to free, then youโ€™ll be able to close your account. 

Hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star

thank you so much for your help. Unfortunately I did not understand that it was necessary to wait until the indicated date. Yours truly Mario

Marked as solution

@marioanto,

Youโ€™re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

If this reply helped you out, make sure to mark it as the solution. This way, other users who might be facing this issue can come into this thread and see the solution too ๐Ÿ˜Š

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts