Problems with connection to car Bluetooth system

Plan 

Premium

Country Ireland

Device

Operating System 

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I am having recurring problems with my Spotify playing through my car Bluetooth system. It works for a few weeks then stops, and has not worked now for almost a month. The music is playing, but I have no volume, however once I disconnect the bluetooth it plays from my handset fine. The issue is not the car radio, as both Google Music & Youtube are playing fine. It is almost as if I am on free Spotify, and the in car system does not work. I have tried disconnecting everything and resetting the bluetooth paired devices. Spotify is working fine via bluetooth to my house radio, but since I use it primarily for long journeys in the car I'm becoming somewhat fed up. Would love some advice on this one! Thanks

2 Replies

Hey, @CaitrionaNic 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

I'm not sure about what you mean by "It is almost as if I am on free Spotify"... Could you give me more information about it, or try to clarify this piece of information?

It would be great if you could send me a screenshot of what you see when you try to connect your Spotify app to the Bluetooth system of your car.

In the meanwhile, could you try to perform a clean reinstallation of the app on your device? It's different than the quick and normal reinstallation, so you can find the step-by-step guide here.

Please, keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @hezorg. Thanks for the reply! What I meant re 'free Spotify' - when I initially had a free 30 day trial Spotify did not work through my car Bluetooth at all. However it was working once I purchased Premium, and until recently. I'll try the clean reinstallation and see how it goes. Thanks!

Suggested posts