Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with facebook and email

Problems with facebook and email

Hello. I have so many problems with Spotify, I don't even know which one to begin with. I have an account connected to facebook, but when I try to login with facebook it gives me a "temporary error, please try again later", and i tried again too many times already. When I try doing it on mobile, it gives me "wrong username or password". Ok. I tried resetting my password; it says there is no active Spotify account connected to that email. Ok, trying to create another account. Email is already in use. I tried logging in with facebook from the Spotify Desktop App. Error. I try connecting to facebook from the app, opens a page which i can't see or open. I tried every single thing on your site....when I could access it because "Page has redirected you too many times". I don't know what else to try. Please help me, and don't answer with your regular "Problems logging in", because I already did everything without success.

7 Replies

Hey @Alexander97, welcome to the community!

Are you trying to log in using your home private network or a public network (e.g. at work/school)? Also, is your Facebook profile open in the devices you're trying to log in to?

I suggest trying to log in using the web player to see if you get the same error message. You can also try using a different internet connection to see if it helps.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hey @Alfredo, thank you for your reply! I am using my home network, yes. Also, facebook profile IS open in the device I'm trying to log in to. Of course, I already tried using the "web player" and it's the same problem. Tried using a different internet connection aswell (used incognito, used VPN, used TOR etc) with the same outcome.

That's odd!

What country are you rocking Spotify from?

Just to confirm, was your Spotify account created via Facebook, or did you link your Facebook profile to it after you created the account?

Keep me posted.

Hey there! I'm from Romania. Please remember that I have ANOTHER email address on the Facebook account which I'm trying to connect with / to. And I am trying to connect my ACTUAL Spotify account (created with email "x") with the Facebook account (which has email "y"). Would this be the problem? The difference between emails?

Ok, so let's summarize. I have a Spotify account created with Facebook (with email "y") which I can't log it into because "There is no active Spotify...blabla" on that email, same error which I get when I go to recover password (it says the email is not in use); but when I try to CREATE an account with that email ("y") it says it's already in use wth?! Now I have a functional Spotify account (with email "x") which I want to connect to Facebook (which, remember, has email "y"). And yes, when I try to connect it, I DO REMOVE Spotify from "Apps" in the Facebook Menu.

Sorry for making it confusing, I'm trying my best to make it clearer for you. If you have more questions, please DO tell me because this problem is very annoying.

Thank you again for your time, looking forward for your reply!

Thanks for all the info!

If you still have access to the email address on the account linked to Facebook, try following these steps to close the account.

Once the account linked to Facebook is closed, you'll be able to link your Facebook profile to the other account.

In case you can't log in with Facebook here to start the process, you'll need to contact our Support team for further assistance.

You can give them a shout via Twitter or Facebook. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.

All the best.

Hey there! Sorry for the late response. I CAN'T log in on the account to deactivate it. I think i will give up, it's not a very big and important problem so...I think I will have to get used to it. Or maybe in the future I will start another topic related on this problem. Thank you for your time!

Hey @Alexander97!

I understand this could be quite frustrating.

You don't have to give up, our Support team can gladly help you since you don't have access to the account linked to Facebook.

Give them a shout using the links on the previous message. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers.

Suggested posts