Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Processing payment in bank and spotify isn't premium.

Processing payment in bank and spotify isn't premium.

Hi All,

Yesterday I took advantage of the "UNIDAYS 50% off offer for students" and I entered my payment details into spotify and paid £4.99. It didn't update the premium so I checked my bank and it said payment is processing. I was very confused as it should be instant and I promise you I have sufficient funds in my bank to pay for it.

So I went ahead and emailed Spotify to check if it was ok, I got a response:

Thanks for reaching out to us about the charges on your account. No worries, we'll get everything sorted out in no time.

We've checked your account with the username -snip- and can confirm that the last 2 payments for 4.99 GBP did not complete.

If your bank statement shows your payments are pending or processing, your bank placed a temporary authorization on your account. This means they will hold the funds in reserve in preparation for completing the payment.

As the transaction wasn’t completed, you won't get billed. The authorization will expire and the funds will be returned.

If you do end up getting charged, let us know and we'll look into this further. Your bank can also answer any questions you have on this including how long it will take the funds to expire.

If you're interested in getting the Student Discount, you may also submit information for manual verification. This will help you avoid getting pending charges.

We hope this clears things up for you and should you have other concerns, we're just an email away.

Cheers,

Richard

I am very confused with what this means, can someone explain it?

1 Reply

Hey @Kitarthur98,

Your payment didn't go through which means that the charge is a pending charge.

More info here: https://support.spotify.com/article/pending-charges/

If you have any other questions regarding this, just reply to the Email from Spotify Support 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts