Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profie name change

Solved!

Profie name change

there is no button where I can change the viewed profile name.. How can I fix that? I already done the standard tecnhique from spotify guide (that says to go to the home, then Options, then view profile... ) but there is no button where I can modify the name..

Plan

Free/

Country

Italy

Device

Galay S9+

Screenshot_20200322-001620_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200322-001616_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @medrink,

thanks for reaching out !

I would suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app following the steps provided on this Spotify answer.

This will assure you're using the latest version of the app and may solve the issue you're experiencing.

Furthermore, just for the sake of testing it, i would offer to try and log on a different device to see if the option is available.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello, I followed the steps, so I reinstalled the app.. now the option of modify the profile is available... Thank you very much, hero ❤

Marked as solution

Hi @medrink,

thanks for following my advise !

As the option of changing your display name was recently added, it was depending on your current Android version of the device.

You can always read about all the new and upcoming features on Spotify's "For The Record" website here.

Just don't forget to make sure your app is always updated.

If my answer provided a solution for your issue, you can mark it as a solution and help other users reach it when coming across a similar situation.

Enjoy Spotify 🙂

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @medrink,

thanks for reaching out !

I would suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app following the steps provided on this Spotify answer.

This will assure you're using the latest version of the app and may solve the issue you're experiencing.

Furthermore, just for the sake of testing it, i would offer to try and log on a different device to see if the option is available.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Marked as solution

Hello, I followed the steps, so I reinstalled the app.. now the option of modify the profile is available... Thank you very much, hero ❤

Marked as solution

Hi @medrink,

thanks for following my advise !

As the option of changing your display name was recently added, it was depending on your current Android version of the device.

You can always read about all the new and upcoming features on Spotify's "For The Record" website here.

Just don't forget to make sure your app is always updated.

If my answer provided a solution for your issue, you can mark it as a solution and help other users reach it when coming across a similar situation.

Enjoy Spotify 🙂

Suggested posts