Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

(Google Pixel 3a)

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

User profile name has been changed to something cryptic (see screenshot). Please help.

Thank you!

Screenshot_20200102-000936.png
5 Replies

Hi @onyx10

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Please check this article for more details on why it could happened. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Thank you @Emilia_8 for your help but I don't have a facebook account anymore.

Hi @onyx10

When you disconnect your Facebook profile from your Spotify or delete your Facebook profile, it will result in some changes in your Spotify account, including display name, as stated in the article I linked previously. 

If you'd like to have a display name that's not alphanumeric, you can create a new Facebook profile and connect it to Spotify.

The other option is to create a new Spotify account.

During the sign up process, you can insert your preferred display name under What should we call you? section.

display name.jpg

If you have any playlist on your current account that you'd like to transfer to the new one, just follow the steps provided here.

Currently it's not possible to change your username in any other way. However, here's an Live Idea regarding this. You can add your +VOTE there if you're interested. 

You can read here how your feedback reaches Spotify.

I hope it helps!

Dear @ 

It's not possible to connect another facebook account with my spotify account. Please see attched images, I can't connect my Facebook account, neither in the Desktop version nor in the Mobile version.

Creating a new account is not possible for me as this is a family account and I have other members connected to it.

This case gets long-winded and time consuming for me, I kindly ask your technical team to change my user name to my previous first and last name. 

Apart from that it's quite surprising that such a global and leading company like Spotify can't handle simple user name changes.

Thank you for helping me and taking the proper steps.

mobile.png
desktop.JPG

Hi @onyx10

Unfortunately, it's not possible to request having your username changed. 

You can:

1. Keep the alphanumeric username.
  2. Cancel your Family plan, wait till Premium expires and then create a new account with preferred name and resubscribe. When you cancel your subscription you and other members of your Family plan won't lose any of your liked music, playlists and followers. 

If you would like to transfer your playlists to the new account, follow the steps provided in this article

I hope it helps! 

Suggested posts