Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile Name not showing

Profile Name not showing

Hello. 

I just created my account via the phone app, upgraded to premium and all, but I just noticed that the profile name I selected when I created the account, it's not showing in my profile. It only shows a long username with random numbers and letters.

I know Spotify creates the usernames at random, the thing is, that the app asked me for a profile name when I registered and it's not showing, so how can I fix this?

Thanks.

5 Replies

I am actually here to report the essentially similar problem but it is more complicated because I had a username no issues. One way or another, I believe I may be best to try and explain my assumption and when I noticed my username is a series of numbers and upon attempting to change the username via the method allowed it will say either not available or cannot use the name, without knowing quoting the exact error reply.  I noticed upon what believed to be a Facebook account that I released from login in favor of Spotifys own login.  We know Facebook is dangerous to have access especially specific ones where personal information is stored.   So basically I have the account recognizing everything the same as it was nothing is working wrong or out of order from inspecting settings Playlists and all account including billing and personal information.  However trying to resolve this I relinked and did not get any user name back that prior was there and now seems like it's in limbo not allowing to change my user name to it.  Can someone please help 

Hey there @Fennxis,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, does the same happen when looking at your Spotify account from a different device?

If you're having troubles seeing your display name only on your mobile device, we'd suggest performing a quick reinstall of the app on that device.

Keep in mind that it's not possible to update or edit your display name or Spotify username. There's more info about this in this support site article.

Further, if your account was linked with your Facebook profile, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer as well.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

This is happening to me too I have a profile name but my profile just has random numbers and letters, it is the same on desktop and Android.

Hey there @QuackingThings,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

It'd be helpful if you could let us know if your Spotify account was created using your Facebook details.

If so, we'd suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer first for more steps to try.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I created my Spotify account on my Android phone and with my Gmail account
not with Facebook.

Suggested posts