Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile Naming

Profile Naming

I made the transition from trial to Premium recently and found that I am stuck with a very random assortment of numbers as my profile name (do not have a social media account to link to and was not offered option originally to name my profile). Not the easiest way to connect with friends on Spotify looking for me, nor helpful in generating a memborable playlist maker status.

As I understand it, there is not a way to rename a profile? Is that correct?

Is the only option to cancel my Premium and set up a new account? If so, is there a way to transfer my saved music, playlist, etc when making starting over anew?

Wondering if anyone has heard rumors of Spotify offering a best course of action or updating their practices with profile name changes?

Grateful for feedback and help from any community members.

4 Replies

Hi @rmd2 and welcome to the spotify community,

Currently at this point, there is no way to rename your username for your Spotify account, although Spotify is well aware of this, I would suggest contacting them directly at support@spotify.com if it is a security issue. Otherwise, I would just wait for the next update in which you can change your username. 

Best of Luck to you,

Jack

Spoiler
If this Helped you go ahead and give me a like 🙂 Or if it was the answer you were looking for, hit the solution button for others to see! 

Hello @rmd2!

If you didn't create your account with Facebook, you should have been able to chose a username during the signup  process. Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account.

If you are really desperate to change your username, it is possible to create a new account and transfer all your data.

Hope this helps clear things up 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks @ 

Unfortunately, do not have Facebook. But good to know that is an option and definitely a helpful tip for others who may read this with similar issues.

I wouldn't say I am really desperate to have a username but it is certainly difficult to convey my account to friends that I share music with when a bunch of unmemorable numbers. Are you aware of any guides available on transferring saved music and playlist?

Many thanks.

Hello there!

Thanks for your reply You can learn how to transfer all your playlists to your new account here.

I hope this helps, let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts