Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile Picture Won't Save

Solved!

Profile Picture Won't Save

I have been trying all day to change my profile picture on the web player app.  It would upload the picture I wanted but once I refreshed it, it would be back to my previous photo.  I have never had issues with this before.

I have tried restarting both spotify and my computer.  Also I am not linked to a facebook account so that is not affecting it.

Finally I tried removing my old photo before trying to add the new one, which did work, but the new one still won't save, so now I have no photo at all.

Any ideas?  Or is there another place where I can change my profile picture?

Thanks

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Macbook Pro 2018

Operating System

MacOS Mojave

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @anneliese_22 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First, could you check on another device if your photo was updated? If possible, ask a friend to do it accessing your profile on their account.

I'm suggesting it, because probably the desktop app may be presenting just a little misbehavior...

If your profile pic wasn't updated at all, I recommend that you try a fast reinstallation of the Spotify app on your MacBook. After it, you can try to change your profile picture again.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg 

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

We are already conscious about this issue and we've opened an Ongoing Issue (Windows & Mac) thread where, users that are experiencing this bug, can give us more information about it. Spotify tech team is working on a solution for it, and it will be available as soon as possible. I know that it can seem frustrating, but I ask for your patience and collaboration.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

View solution in original post

27 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @anneliese_22 

First, could you check on another device if your photo was updated? If possible, ask a friend to do it accessing your profile on their account.

I'm suggesting it, because probably the desktop app may be presenting just a little misbehavior...

If your profile pic wasn't updated at all, I recommend that you try a fast reinstallation of the Spotify app on your MacBook. After it, you can try to change your profile picture again.

Best Regards,
hezorg 

LuanSpotify Star

I'm having a similar issue in Windows 10.

I've used the log out of everything button on my profile, uninstalled app on my phone and program on my desktop.

Spotify scraped my Facebook profile pic, but now I can't change it to something else, even after re-installing Spotify fully on my desktop.

Hey, @BeaconSlash 

In your case, the pic is automatically set according to your Facebook profile picture. If you don't want that Spotify synchronize the Facebook photo as default, you can break the connection between Spotify and Facebook. After that you will be able to choose a specific picture for your profile on Spotify.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

I can upload an image but then it won't save it. If I refresh it goes away.

I try reinstalling, upgrade, change image size, compression, etc... but no luck (i'm not linked on facebook)

(mac 10.14.5 - spotify 1.1.21.1654)

Hey, @Musi_Dax 

Could you check with a friend if they can see your new profile photo on their account? Maybe there is just a delay when you try to update your photo.

And on the other hand, are your account connected to your Facebook? Maybe the connection between Spotify and Facebook is presenting a misbehavior and it's avoiding the photo change. So, in this case, you should try to disconnect your account and then connect again to your Facebook.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

I've tried both checking on another device and reinstalling the app and it still won't save the profile picture. I've even tried uploading from a different computer! Still no luck... I have a profile that is not connected to my Facebook account. 

It usually takes a day or two for a new profile picture to stick.

I’m having this same issue.

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

We are already conscious about this issue and we've opened an Ongoing Issue (Windows & Mac) thread where, users that are experiencing this bug, can give us more information about it. Spotify tech team is working on a solution for it, and it will be available as soon as possible. I know that it can seem frustrating, but I ask for your patience and collaboration.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

yo ya hice todo lo que sugieren incluso la reinstalacion de spotife y de todos modos mi foto no se guarda. ayuda por favor

He cambiando mi foto de perfil pero no se guarda, al volver abrir la app la vieja foto aparece. Ya reinstale la app pero tampoco funciono. Necesito ayuda

Hola, @Bonita_gp 

Nosotros ya estamos investigando este caso. Ahora, es necesario que tú veas este cuadro de diálogo (Ongoing Issue), donde, los usuarios que están sufriendo con este problema, puede nos dar más informaciones (si posible en Inglés). El equipo de tecnología de Spotify está trabajando en una solución para este problema y ella estará lista lo antes posible. Yo sé que esta situación puede ser un poco aburrida, pero lo que te pido es que tengas paciencia y que nos ayude a resolver este problema.

Si tiene alguna otra pregunta o necesita más ayuda, ¡hágamelo saber! ¡Me encantaría ayudar!

Atentamente,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

I feel like this might be another symptom of a very big UI issue. It started out a month ago where recently played artists don't update, then changes I made to playlists or tried to make a playlist public wouldn't show and then now the profile pic. 

I've been a premium member since day one in the US and just signed up for Apple Music today.

Gracias por contestar. Y cuando se solucionará el problema?

just tried it today 12/14/19. did the uninstall and reinstall. still not working. wish i knew about this before i removed and tried uploading a new picture. i did the reinstall and tried uploading. but now i'm just stuck with a blank profile picture.

Hey @tj_cam,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Our tech teams are aware of this issue and are looking into it! You can vote here that you're experiencing the same and add you info. You can also subscribe to get relevant updates about its development.

Stay tuned!

PetyaModerator

Same problem here. Tried to change my profile picture. But it does not save. Tried it on mac and PC. same problem. Any help out here ?

The problem is not solved. Profile picture does not update. Also sometimes the pictures of my playlists sometimes show former versions of the playlist image ...

Mac OSX 10.13.6

Windows 10

Hey there @klanglabor!

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this.

Could you let us know when did you first start noticing this issue and if you experience it on all your devices?

We'll also need to know your Spotify version and how long has it been since you changed your profile photo.

Sometimes it can take about 48 hours for the changes to sync up and you might need to log in and out for everything to show up.

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts