Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile Picture Won't Save

Solved!

Profile Picture Won't Save

I have been trying all day to change my profile picture on the web player app.  It would upload the picture I wanted but once I refreshed it, it would be back to my previous photo.  I have never had issues with this before.

I have tried restarting both spotify and my computer.  Also I am not linked to a facebook account so that is not affecting it.

Finally I tried removing my old photo before trying to add the new one, which did work, but the new one still won't save, so now I have no photo at all.

Any ideas?  Or is there another place where I can change my profile picture?

Thanks

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Macbook Pro 2018

Operating System

MacOS Mojave

27 Replies

I am noticing this since about a week or so. Because since then I am building up my playlist project. I run my account of Spotify on 4 systems: Macbook Pro , Macbook Air, Windows 10 and my Iphone. Both Macbooks run on High Sierra (OSX 10.13.4) , 

Uploading the profile picture always works in the standalone version of Spotify. It shows up as I wish. But it does not show up top right where my profile name is pinned.  I can close and open Spotify and the profile picture stays at its place. But after some hours it is gone again an I have to reupload it.  

Same happens sometimes with descriptions of my playlist. I am currently working a lot on them and changing the description.  Now everything appears as it should. But this morning it took me three times to fill in the description, because with a restart of Spotify the old version of the description appeared.  

I hope this helps for your tweaking.

Greetings

Wolfgang

Thanks for the update @klanglabor!

Does it make any difference for you if you use a different picture to set on your profile?

Make sure your file is under 4 MB and a .jpeg file.

Keep us in the loop!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Profile photo again disappeared. It is a 133KB .jpg file

I attached it here to this message.

attach again

worldtune.jpg

Okay @klanglabor!

Have you connected or disconnected your account from Facebook recently?

If you you have, that process can take some time to sync up and it might cause issues with your profile photo.

Could you also give this a try on a different network to see if that makes a difference for you. You can create a hot spot on your phone and use that network for example.

We'll be on the lookout for your update.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ok, I tried via mobile hotspot. could upload the image as always. Appears where it should appear. but not right top aside of my username. I bet If I open Spotify again in 20 minutes or so it will be gone again ...  

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-15 um 19.56.49.png

Ok, now I used the spotify app on iphone and uploaded the profile image, and this seemed to work. I can see it no also here on my spotify on the macbook. hoope it stays here now ... 

Replying for future users!

My account was linked to my Facebook since the beginning and always showed my name and whatever FB profile picture I was using up until a few months ago. It randomly changed my username (or display name) to an 11 digit string of numbers and a blank photo.

I finally decided to edit my profile but couldn't save any changes when I tried. After contacting support and trying to edit my profile on the website and app, I finally decided to rotate my phone sideways while using the app and all of a sudden had no problems editing or saving my photo and display name. Idk if this will work for everyone's problems but it's worth a shot. 

Suggested posts