Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile page says I have Premium for family, but apps say I haven't. Please help

Solved!

Profile page says I have Premium for family, but apps say I haven't. Please help

Today I joined Spotify Family Premium. My profile page on the Spotify website says I have this Family Premium subscription. So does the page of the owner.

However, when I log in into the Spotify app on my mobile (Android) or PC, the app seems to think I'm a Spotify Free user. 

When I use the 'upgrade' button, I am sent to a different (blank) account page.

How should this be fixed?
Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Thij5

Hmmm, that's strange.

Are you sure that you're logged into the right account?

Please try to use your username instead of your email address in the login process.  ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Thij5! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Have you tried reinstalling your apps? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Yes, I did.

I also tried it on different devices (2 different Android Phones and PC). On all devices the same problem, so it looks to me the problem is related to my account, not to the devices. (My family members can log in as premium members using my apps)

Marked as solution

@Thij5

Hmmm, that's strange.

Are you sure that you're logged into the right account?

Please try to use your username instead of your email address in the login process.  ^^

Peace

Hello Nico,

Thanks for your help. The 'username i.s.o. mailadress' did the trick. It appears that in the (far) past I already created a Spotify account (presumably via Facebook) using the same mailadress.

Can you shed a light on how to purge this old Facebook-Spotify account too please?

@Thij5

Sure!

Please take a look at this help page on how to disconnect your Facebook account from your Spotify account. ^^

Let me know if you got some questions! ^^

Peace

Suggested posts