Premium

Country

Japan

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have changed my photo on Spotify desktop app, but my account photo is still the one imported from Facebook on the browser (Spotify website), and this image is used on "Discover Weekly" playlist. Can't Spotify just ignore the image from Facebook, how silly it is to have two photos at the same time? I am pretty annoyed by this, I don't want to see my own face on a playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for reaching out to us again.

As long as your Spotify account is linked to your Facebook account, your Facebook profile picture will appear as your profile picture on Spotify, and it will therefore also appear as the album art on your Discover Weekly playlist.

If you would like to be able to change the profile picture, you will have to unlink your Facebook account from your Spotify account. Bear in mind that, once you do this, you won't be able to log in using your Facebook credentials. 

If you do decide to go ahead and unlink your Facebook account, make sure to check this guide out before you do.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @user-removed, help's arrived.

Can you log out from the Spotify app on your phone, close the app, and then log back in? This might refresh the change. Keep in mind that it may take a couple of days for your profile picture to appear everywhere. 

Make sure that you're logging in on the same account as on your desktop. More info on finding additional accounts here.

If that doesn't help, a quick reinstall might solve it. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Thanks for the reply @Jemi

I did log out & login again, which was not helpful, now waiting for another couple days after I deleted & installed the app on my phone. Hope this would work. I hate to see my stupid face on the playlist! 😃

Hey @user-removed.

Keep us posted on this, and if in a couple of days you haven't seen any changes, get back to us and we'll keep troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Hello again, @Jemi, @Peter,

Still no change =(

I still see my facebook image on the playlist...

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for reaching out to us again.

As long as your Spotify account is linked to your Facebook account, your Facebook profile picture will appear as your profile picture on Spotify, and it will therefore also appear as the album art on your Discover Weekly playlist.

If you would like to be able to change the profile picture, you will have to unlink your Facebook account from your Spotify account. Bear in mind that, once you do this, you won't be able to log in using your Facebook credentials. 

If you do decide to go ahead and unlink your Facebook account, make sure to check this guide out before you do.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be right here.

My discover weekly uses a picture that was removed from facebook at least 6 months ago. Desktop and iphone app use 2 tottaly different profile pictures too. Something doesnt synchronis correctly.

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you try going here and toggling Facebook data processing on and off? 

Also could you make sure that you're logged in to the same account on desktop and mobile? To do so, try logging out of both accounts and logging back in using the same credentials.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need any further help.

Thanks for the reply but I had already don’t that and changed my password due to the data hack Spotify had and the fact there was an unauthorised usage of my account.

My account is secured. The Facebook picture was not transferred. It doesn’t really bother me.

Hey @user-removed.

That's odd! I know this sounds obvious, but have you tried giving the apps a clean reinstall? This includes clearing any stored cache files.

Let us know how you get on - we'll be here if you need any further help.

Suggested posts