Profiles like in Netflix for Spotify

Profiles like in Netflix for Spotify

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello Spotify Community,

so iam thinking about this for a long time. How would it be to have "Profiles options" like in Netflix for Spotify? I know that their are Playlist but i mean real Profiles like you can choose which profile "or call it something else" you wanna listen to and all the other songs from diffrent genres will not be shown. I can not explain it and while i write this down it seems totally stupid but its not i just cant describe it.

I just dont like it to have all my Songs in one folder called "Songs" and i cant put them in a Playlist cause its to many songs. 

5 Replies

Although a great idea, this unfortunately isn't a possibility. Spotify has very specific licenses with artists and record labels in order to keep the price of a Premium subscriptoin down, and therefore, a Spotify Subscription (although it can be used from multiple devices) is only intended for use by a single individual. As a result, Spotify has put restrictions in place (such as only allowing one active streaming device and limiting the amount of available offline devices). Their work-around solution for this, though, is the Premium for Family subscription!

Although a great idea, this unfortunately isn't a possibility. Spotify has very specific licenses with artists and record labels in order to keep the price of a Premium subscriptoin down, and therefore, a Spotify Subscription (although it can be used from multiple devices) is only intended for use by a single individual. As a result, Spotify has put restrictions in place (such as only allowing one active streaming device and limiting the amount of available offline devices). Their work-around solution for this, though, is the Premium for Family subscription!

The previous answers don't satisfy this need. The family plan requires a user to log out and another family user to log in. This isn't feasible on home devices, TVs, and car audio. 
1. Profiles would allow a parent to switch content settings and suggestions when the kids are around.
2. We don't want to use the broken kids app, we want to just listen to music that isn't going to be encouraging them to curse in school.
3. When other adults they request music on a shared device, messing up the history and suggestions.
4. Not all kids ages are equal.  A 1-3, 4-6, and 6-12 year old are going to have very different experiences as far as self guiding the apps, what they listen to, etc. 

The result is that Spotify is broken for families. Driving alone in the car, I shouldn't be getting suggestions for nursery rhymes followed by gangsta rap.

Profiles, rather than separate log ins, would solve this problem.

Hi there @12141310570,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It is a shame Spotify cannot be used Like Netflix or Disney plus where one account can be used on multiple devices at the same time, By registering those devices and charging a monthly subscription for how ever many devices you want used, i sure Old Napster was like this, 4 devices per account of say £12 per month, ie phone, TV ,console all on one account with the option to create Profiles.

Netflix But Spotify, still has the same legal stuff as those movies has to paid for via license and film company same with artists and labels.

be nice if this goes to plan.

Suggested posts