Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ps4 spotify app will not start

Ps4 spotify app will not start

Hi, I'm new on this community, but have used ps4 spotify app for quite a while without issues on 4 accounts with different spotify accounts on same ps4. Suddenly app will not start -  just hangs in initialization screen. Using ps4 connect from another mobile devices works fine but the guide seems to have gone rom ps4, any ideas ?

Maybe a ps4 update have done something, issue occurred since end April 2016

Brgds Per 

8 Replies

Hey there!

Have you tried reinstalling the application on your PS4? If not, I recommend that you give that a try and see if after the reinstall, if Spotify loads anymore? Give this a try and let me know how it goes!

Cake | Rock Star & Twitter Expert | Spotify RSP

If this post solved your issue - Mark it as a solution.

If you like my post - Please add Kudos to it.

Feel free to ask me anything you need 🙂

I have the exact same problem and have had it for about 2 weeks now. I have tried uninstall/reinstall - renewing licenses - changing network and even tried to change MTU but I never succeeded so I don´t know if it would solve the problem. If anyone could give me a guide how to change MTU settings I would be greatful. The guide from SONY themselves was not to follow on my PS4. I have read others using connect from a cellphone, iPad or other device, but that is only a half solution from my opinion. I wan´t my Spotify app to work and right now it doesn´t. And while we are at it I find it very critisable that it is not a possibillity to contact Spotify support directly. Why are we as users the ones to find solutions ourselves??? Get into the game Spotify and take some responsibility for your product. I mean how difficult can it be to coopperate with SONY and find a solution with a fix or other? We are users out here and not IT experts......ok Grumpy has spoken but it is really irritating and I find it a bit strange that Spotify has no support but the community. Please everybody having the same problem and perhaps have found a solution give us some help c¨,)

Hey there!

Just wondering if you had tried anything else? Did you attempt to clear your systems cache or try rebuilding the system database, if so, let me know how it went and if not, i'd give it a go!

Hi Charlie,

no I haven´t tried either and I´m not aware of how to do it but I am more than willing to try if you could guide me through it?

Hey @Boucheny!

I was able to find a resource that will let you know how to rebuild your playstation database. Take a look at this, or you can read the simplified version below: http://www.gadgethelpline.com/rebuild-sony-ps4-database/

1. Firstly power off your console, using either the power button or by removing the power source.
  2. To turn on the PS4 into Safe mode, Press and Hold down the power button on the front of the PS4, until the console beeps twice (once immediately, then another after a few seconds of holding)
  3. Connect your Dual Shock remote via USB cable.
  4. Press the PS button on the controller to pair devices.
  5. Go to option “5. Rebuild Database” and press X
  6. “The database will be rebuilt, it might take a few hours to rebuild the database” will be displayed, Select OK.
  7. The screen will go blank whilst the Database is being rebuilt and this could take a few hours depending on the amount of saved content.
  8. When the Rebuild has finished the console will return to the sign in screen.

Let me know how this goes for you! Feel free to send another reply if you need anymore help! 😄

Hi,

I tried this, but It wouldn't work. I also found another solution on the community, wich is basically the same, until you get to the safe mode. You had to choose option 4 instead of 5. This also didn't work for me, but It did for a lot of other people. maybe It will for you 2.

Hope It worked, Stijn.

Hi,

Thanks,

Unfortunately our PS4 died due to Bluetooth/wireless card stop working, but
before that the Spotify suddenly started working again - weird

Hey there !

I recommend you to reinstall spotify. 🙂

Hope my reply was helpful !

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Thomas

Suggested posts