Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Purchasing Premium from a different country

Solved!

Purchasing Premium from a different country

Hey,

i tried to find something on Google, but haven't really found anything that confirms my question 100%.

I live in Germany and want to buy Spotify Premium. Here, it costs 9.99€ a month. I used to live in Poland, and it was/is 19.99PLN there, which is way less than 9.99€ per month. I tried to change my region to Poland (while being in Germany), and it worked. I got redirected to the PayPal payment page, and everything seemed to be alright, even the 19.99PLN were changed to the ~4.67€. Basically, I can get Spotify Premium for -50% just by changing the region.

And now to my question. Is it even possible? I haven't bought it yet, so I don't know if it'll work, but so far it seems like it should. I'm a student and I'm trying to save as much money as possible, so paying less would be pretty good for me.

Thanks in advance, Shugo

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @corjorge1,

I tried to purchase it using my PayPal account, but it detected my german card that is connected to the account, so it blocked the payment and redirected me to the "Change Region" site.

So the result was the same as with normal credit card payments. Not possible, unfortunately 😄

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Shugoslaw, welcome to the Community!

In this case, make sure that your payment method is registered at the country than your Spotify account. 

If you're still having problems to subscribe, make sure that your payment method meets these requirements.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @corjorge1,

I tried to purchase it using my PayPal account, but it detected my german card that is connected to the account, so it blocked the payment and redirected me to the "Change Region" site.

So the result was the same as with normal credit card payments. Not possible, unfortunately 😄

@corjorge1, Are you trying to do some phishing things?
"Remember you can check that info over here" but your "here" link is spootify.com, not spotify.com

Suggested posts