Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question about a gift subscription

Question about a gift subscription

Hello Spotify community,

I live in the United States.

I have a friend who lives in Tokyo, Japan that has been using the free Spotify app. I bought her a physical 3 month gift subscription card for Spotify Premium that was purchased in Japan which she enjoyed very much.  The subscription has now expired. She will be visiting the United States next week and I was wondering if I purchased her a gift subscription card or e-card here in the United States for Spotify Premium will she be able to use Spotify Premium in Japan after she returns home, even though her Spotify app was downloaded in Japan from the iTunes store? Please advise.  Thank you.

2 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for explaining your problem. The Spotify app doesn’t really have “county boundaries” because it’s made by the same developer. Buying it in the US would be fine to give to your friend. The worst thing that would happen is that there would be an error and wouldn’t be redeemable. If that is so, just log into your friends account on your phone but besides that, I’m 99% sure there isn’t going to be a problem.

Hope I helped!

Hi Hayden,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I apprecaite it. If that's the case then that certainly answers my question.  I guess I can gift a subscription to my friend upon her arrival.

Suggested posts