Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Questions about Facebook-created account

Solved!

Questions about Facebook-created account

I originally set up my Spotify account with Facebook, I've seen that it's possible to disable your Facebook account and continue to use Spotify, but I have the following questions:

Would it later be possible to reactivate this Facebook account without incident? 

I'm also aware that you can now  change your Spotify email with a Facebook-created account, is it better to do this before or after deactivating Facebook?

On the other hand:

The answer to the FAQ "Can I login using email and password if I signed up with Facebook?" seems to imply that you can change your Spotify email address and password with a Facebook-created account without deactivating Facebook at all. Is this possible? And if it is, how would your Spotify account be affected if your Facebook account was later deactivated or deleted?

Thank you for any advice your could offer!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mistyaiya,

Thanks for getting back. 🙂

If you change your Spotify email & password and deactivate Facebbok, does later reactivating your Facebook affect your Spotify account specifically?

As far as I know, it shouldn't affect it. If you update the email address and password on your Spotify account, those details should continue to work, even if you reactivate your Facebook account.

And can you, in fact, just change your Spotify email & pw and not deactivate Facebook at all? - But be safe from your Spotify account being affected if you later lose access to your Facebook? 

Yeah, that should also be possible. Keep in mind that some account details can only be updated through customer support when a Spotify account was created via Facebook, but generally, it's possible, yeah.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @mistyaiya ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since Facebook accounts are a part of Facebook, you'd have to ask them if it's possible to just reactivate it after disabling it. 🙂

I recommend updating the email address and password associated with your Spotify account before disabling your Facebook account. 🙂 More info on how to do this can be found here and here.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star

Thank you for your response, and sorry for the delay in replying to you. What I really meant by the first question was - if you change your Spotify email & password and deactivate Facebbok, does later reactivating your Facebook affect your Spotify account specifically?

And can you, in fact, just change your Spotify email & pw and not deactivate Facebook at all? - But be safe from your Spotify account being affected if you later lose access to your Facebook? 

I'd be grateful for any advice, thank you! 

Marked as solution

Hey @mistyaiya,

Thanks for getting back. 🙂

If you change your Spotify email & password and deactivate Facebbok, does later reactivating your Facebook affect your Spotify account specifically?

As far as I know, it shouldn't affect it. If you update the email address and password on your Spotify account, those details should continue to work, even if you reactivate your Facebook account.

Yeah, that should also be possible. Keep in mind that some account details can only be updated through customer support when a Spotify account was created via Facebook, but generally, it's possible, yeah.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star

I've accepted this as a solution. Thanks so much for your help! 

Suggested posts