Questions about spotify premium

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

Samsung

My Question or Issue

I'm thinking of upgrading to premium, but i would want to know if I would get unlimited access to all music, as I'm in India. I currently use a VPN to access the USA library

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Medusa121 - help's here!

You'll get access to the same music which is available on Spotify in your region irrespective of whether you're on free or Premium and irrespective of the subscription type (Family, Student, etc.).

However, bear in mind that we do not condone the use of a VPN with Spotify. If there is content which is currently missing in your region, rest assured that Spotify is uploading new content on a daily basis, so if you're not seeing something now, then it's likely it will appear soon.

Hope that helps! We'll be here in case you have any further questions or concerns.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @Medusa121,

thanks for posting !

Music availability varies between countries.

That means the decision when and if to upload their content relies in the right holders side only.

There's no guarantee that two different countries will have the same access to all the content on the app.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂 

So even if I do get premium, I'd lose a large amount of my music?

Hi @Medusa121,

thanks for replying !

As i mentioned, the legal rights of content varies between countries. 

One user in one country might no get all the content the other one gets.

On the same note, content is being added to the app at all times so tracks you won't see now might be added later on.

Hope this helps 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @Medusa121 - help's here!

You'll get access to the same music which is available on Spotify in your region irrespective of whether you're on free or Premium and irrespective of the subscription type (Family, Student, etc.).

However, bear in mind that we do not condone the use of a VPN with Spotify. If there is content which is currently missing in your region, rest assured that Spotify is uploading new content on a daily basis, so if you're not seeing something now, then it's likely it will appear soon.

Hope that helps! We'll be here in case you have any further questions or concerns.

Suggested posts