My Question or Issue
Spotify has great machine learning and all that stuff, but some features like Connect To Facebook work like they would in late 2000s.
I disabled my Facebook account, Spotify removed the Facebook connection as intended, all legit here.
Now, upon attempting to reconnect my Facebook account (after I re-enabled it):
1) The Spotify app (Windows) opens a browser window, where I'm supposed to log in on Facebook,
2) I log in, I get the Facebook 2-step authentication menu and I approve my login via my main browser or phone
3) Facebook automatically redirects to a page after I approve my login
4) The browser window opened by Shopify is automatically closed.
In the past, I would connect/disconnect my Facebook account to/from Spotify via the web version, now, I don't see that option anywhere in the site. Maybe I missed it!?
Why was Connect to Facebook from within the Spotify website removed? If I missed it, my bad.
Why can't the app open a window in the default browser and have this go smoothly, no additional logins and no headaches?
Now, the only ways I could get this working would be:
1) Temporarily disabling Facebook 2-step authentication
2) Using the traditional 2-step authentication (via SMS code or recovery codes), where you just press "Next" and Facebook does not enforce any redirect.