Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Quirky Connect to Facebook If 2-step Authentication

Quirky Connect to Facebook If 2-step Authentication

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify has great machine learning and all that stuff, but some features like Connect To Facebook work like they would in late 2000s.

I disabled my Facebook account, Spotify removed the Facebook connection as intended, all legit here.

Now, upon attempting to reconnect my Facebook account (after I re-enabled it):

1) The Spotify app (Windows) opens a browser window, where I'm supposed to log in on Facebook,

2) I log in, I get the Facebook 2-step authentication menu and I approve my login via my main browser or phone

3) Facebook automatically redirects to a page after I approve my login

4) The browser window opened by Shopify is automatically closed. 

In the past, I would connect/disconnect my Facebook account to/from Spotify via the web version, now, I don't see that option anywhere in the site. Maybe I missed it!?

Questions:

Why was Connect to Facebook from within the Spotify website removed? If I missed it, my bad.

Why can't the app open a window in the default browser and have this go smoothly, no additional logins and no headaches?

Now, the only ways I could get this working would be:

1) Temporarily disabling Facebook 2-step authentication 

2) Using the traditional 2-step authentication (via SMS code or recovery codes), where you just press "Next" and Facebook does not enforce any redirect.

1 Reply

Hey there @Ravenous,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

It is possible to connect to Facebook through the app - both desktop and mobile.

However it won't be possible through the website.

Can you try to connect to Facebook through a different device and let me know how it goes ?

Waiting to see how you did 😃

Suggested posts