RECENT RELEASES NOT PLAYABLE nor ADDABLE TO PLAYLIST

RECENT RELEASES NOT PLAYABLE nor ADDABLE TO PLAYLIST

Plan Free

Country Panama

Device HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 7 ultimate

My Question or Issue

I believe this started on or about 30 JANUARY where I cannot add a new release to my existing playlist, nor will it play. It appears as a ghosted song with no sound which continues forever. 

It only happens with new releases that are not already in someone elses playlist, and only the songs I discover on my own.

I have enclosed an attachment as to what it appears like. It has happened with dozens of songs I have attempted to add.

When I try to add it again it claims it has added it to my playlist but it is not visible nor playable.

I fear a lot of new music is going unlistened to and unavailable. I cant update the new music playlists that I curate. 

I can provide a list of the dozen or so songs I have encountered so far if it would help, simply email me.

The first one I had the problem with was Stella Donnely's LAUNCH on January 30th and the most recent is Elohim's TV today.

Please fix this.

Spotify problem with new releases.jpg
3 Replies

I fixed it with an uninstall reinstall

Its happening again. 😞

Hey @catchradio.

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry to hear that the reinstallation didn't work after all.

You can save a maximum of 10,000 songs and albums to Your Library. For albums, all its songs plus the album itself count towards the limit (e.g. a 10 track album counts as 11 tracks toward the limit). The same applies for a playlist. Do you think you might be nearing the song limit?

If you are sure that you are not nearing the limit, let's try something else. You can also reinstall the app by deleting the Spotify folder from App Data. You can access App Data with the following steps:

1. Press on Windows Key + R
  2. type: %appdata%

Locate the Spotify folder and delete it. Empty your recycle bin, reboot your computer and then reinstall Spotify from here.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts