USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7
Laptop

Operating System

Android version 8.0
Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Radio does not work for me on my phone, desktop and web player. For android, it just stays loading forever. For the desktop app, I click on a radio but nothing happens. And for the web player I get a "something went wrong" error. On my phone I've tried restarting, logging in and out, reinstalling and clearing all Spotify info, updated, etc. I've had this problem for like a year and don't know what to do.

10 Replies

Hey, @v0n_hoy-8vvpe 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Could you tell me what is the exact Spotify version you're running on your phone? And if possible, send me some screenshots of what you see when you try to play a Radio station. 

Remember that the Radio feature changed after the last general update, so you can find more information about the Radio here on this support article:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@  I'm on version 8.5.42.812

These are what it looks like when I go to a radio

web.PNG
20200126_233216.jpg

Hey there @v0n_hoy-8vvpe

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

We suggest you first open the web player in a private/incognito window to check if the same thing happens. After that, restart your router, and if possible try another network connection. These steps will show you if there's a connectivity issue causing the trouble. 

If this doesn't help, let us know and we'll take a further look. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll look out for your reply.

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Mario
None of those changed anything 😕

Hey @v0n_hoy-8vvpe

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind testing the Radio-feature on a different device? This would be helpful as it'll show us if the issue is device-related after confirming that changing the network didn't help.

We'll keep an eye on your reply!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Mario Alright, I tried on another computer but it didn't work

Hey @v0n_hoy-8vvpe,

Thanks for trying that out.

This does sound like an account issue - do you mind creating a new account and seeing if radio plays normally for you?

In the meantime, could you let us know how you're starting a radio playlist?

• Are you starting them from a specific song/album/artist (> Go to Song/Album/Artist Radio)?
  • Are you accessing them by going to the Radio tab and selecting a recommended station?

Thanks - keep us posted!

@Peter When using another account radio worked. On my main account, neither clicking on a song/artist/album then pressing "Go to Song Radio" or clicking on the recommended radios works.

Hey there @v0n_hoy-8vvpe

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In this case we suggest you go on with your new Spotify-account to avoid the issue with the Radio.

If you have saved music or playlists created by you in your original account and you want them transferred into the new account, it's a good idea to contact the Spotify customer support and request the contents to be moved. You can contact them here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Did spotify seriously just tell a user "create a new account and start using it because we can't be bothered to fix this bug"??

This same problem just happened to me, and after doing some research I can see that the "Radio" feature is broken for lots of people around the web.  It doesn't work on phone or desktop or web-player.  It doesn't work for songs or artists or anything else.

This is one of the #1 reasons I switched to spotify from Google Music's shutdown.  If song radio isn't going to work on spotify, then should we switch to a different service?

Suggested posts