Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random Music From WebPlayer - Online. PLEASE HELP

Random Music From WebPlayer - Online. PLEASE HELP

Hello. Everything was fine until these past two months. Heres the problem:

I listen to music on my computer and phone normally, the music then stops randomly and starts playing unknown music. The green tab on the bottom of the screen pops up and says that I am now listening on "WebPlayer". I have to then click the devices tab and switch back to my computer and restart my playlist...

It also now has many other playlists on my recent - which some have been followed. Note that all of these playlists are by other online users.

(All of these issues occur only in offline mode. 

Please Help! This is making me very frustrated... especially as almost every song that I listen to, stops randomly midway.

2 Replies

Hello There! Did you get a resolution to this? It is happening to me and it is super frustrating. TYIA

Hi @Lisler01!

If your playback is abruptly interrupted and switched to the Web Player (without you manually switching to it yourself), it's recommended you secure your account by following the steps below:

1. Log in to your account page and scroll all the way to the bottom.
  2. Select SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.
  3. Request a password reset by visiting this article.

It's also worth checking the apps that are linked to your Spotify account on your account page under Apps and remove any you don't recognize. You can find out more tips on how to protect your account here.

There's also this idea about implementing a 2-factor authentication for Spotify that you may find interesting, which is currently under Spotify's consideration, so feel free to check it out and show your support (if you haven't already).

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts