Random devices connect to my spotify account frequently

Random devices connect to my spotify account frequently

shannb
Casual Listener

So about 3 weeks or so ago I started to experience random devices connecting to my account while I am listening.  My music then switches to whatever they are listening to.  This happens everywhere... at home on my home wifi... out and about on the train, airport, walking down the street.  In addition, recently my whole listening history has been deleted and replaced by the last device that connected to my account.  SO I HAVE LOST 6 OR 7 YEARS WORTH OF PLAYLISTS AND LISTENING HISTORY.  Never knew how valuable this was until I lost it.  Please address this quickly.  :(

2 Replies

Re: Random devices connect to my spotify account frequently

shannb
Casual Listener

Correction so my history has not been deleted... however, a previous user's listening history has been added to my history.  So I now have to scroll through their history now before I get to mines (specifically looking through my "songs").  However, all of my playlists have been deleted and replaced with random playlists.  Lastly, all of my downloaded music is gone.  Have to download everything again....

Re: Random devices connect to my spotify account frequently

Avery_is_lost
Regular

i dont know exactly why this would be happening but im pretty sure if you go to your settings theres an option to disconnect your account from all devices which may do something?? and you can recover any and all deleted playlists in the settings too! so at least you can still get your playlists back, worstcase.

SUGGESTED POSTS