Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random foreigner's account has been merged with mine, and I can no longer use Spotify

Random foreigner's account has been merged with mine, and I can no longer use Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

Desktop and Laptop, Random person: Blade S6

Operating System

Windows 10

A foreigner's music keeps playing on my Spotify. I believe that somehow, their account has been merged with mine. I have never met this person in my life. They have never had access to any of my devices. I have tried log out everywhere and removing offline devices to no avail. It appears to be a person from Colombia. I am from New Zealand. Their playlists have been added to my account, their device is on my connect, and whenever they play music it goes over mine, and vice versa. I essentially cannot use Spotify anymore. As far as I can tell, I have not been breached anywhere, on any email or my Facebook account. Please help. Thank you.

My Question or Issue

A foreigner's music keeps playing on my Spotify. I believe that somehow, their account has been merged with mine. I have never met this person in my life. They have never had access to any of my devices. I have tried log out everywhere and removing offline devices to no avail. It appears to be a person from Colombia. I am from New Zealand. Their playlists have been added to my account, their device is on my connect, and whenever they play music it goes over mine, and vice versa. I essentially cannot use Spotify anymore. As far as I can tell, I have not been breached anywhere, on any email or my Facebook account. Please help. Thank you.

2 Replies

Hey @NachoSacho ,

It's possible that someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've already tried everything except the last option, contacting through the login path. I'll try that and see if that helps and get back to you. Cheers

Suggested posts