Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random letters in account name AND no email linked AND password lost.

Solved!

Random letters in account name AND no email linked AND password lost.

I wrongly assumed that on my iPad, I had my regular spotify account open and thus I signed up for a premium test offer.

Then I realized that this was NOT my regular spotify account. This strange account name consists of random letters. Using the password recovery feature showed, that there is no email linked/attached to this strange account. Thus I'm not able to generate a new password.

To minimize the demanage, I just want to stop the premium plan on this strange account, but I'm not able to access any account information.

How to proceed?

Account name can be provide on request.

Plan

Premium but should be stopped.

Device

Iphone

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info on how to find your old account. I'd also recommend checking out this Support article on how to cancel the subscription for your second account. 

Let me know how it goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info on how to find your old account. I'd also recommend checking out this Support article on how to cancel the subscription for your second account. 

Let me know how it goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi Jose_M

Thank you for your post. I'm now in contact via Email with the Spotify Support and we are on a track to solve my issue.

Best regards

U.

I'm glad to hear everything's fine now! Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂
https://open.spotify.com/track/3B5UbSndRz907IZhhmUfLi?si=VWK4R2mRTTGBaBAnmvoUdw
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts