Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random log-out & can't recover password

Solved!

Random log-out & can't recover password

Hello! This isn't regarding my own account, it's about my girlfriends account. Yesterday her app kept pausing and stuttering, which was odd. Then when playing music this morning she got logged out of the app entirely, and then it wouldn't let her sign in again. We have triedthe usual with resetting password etc. Her account name is becca1408, but when the email reset password came through, it was for an account name phoebe56. Phoebe56 does sound like a username my partner would have set up for her mother, but if she did that it would've been years ago! We're unsure if there are two accounts assigned to her email address (can provide if necessary, unsure how all this works). The becca1408 account is a premium account using the NUS student discount, so it's rather important that we get it back! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Ben

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Loopsie 

If you or her contact support from your account, the support reply may probably go to an email you don't have access to.

Log out of the Spotify website in your browser and fill out this contact form. Someone from Spotify will be happy to help you out.

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account in your browser when using the contact form or the username and custom email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

You should get a reply within 24-48 hours.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Loopsie 

If you or her contact support from your account, the support reply may probably go to an email you don't have access to.

Log out of the Spotify website in your browser and fill out this contact form. Someone from Spotify will be happy to help you out.

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account in your browser when using the contact form or the username and custom email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

You should get a reply within 24-48 hours.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks! 

We ended up in a live messenger chat with a support employee and discovered that the Becca1408 account was created with an old email (which has long since been deactivated). The chat lasted less than 10 minutes and all problems were solved.

Thank you!

Suggested posts