Random playlist subscriptions appearing in my account??

Solved!

Random playlist subscriptions appearing in my account??

jss81

Hi, so I keep noticing new subscriptions to random playlists each time I log into my account.  I am the only person that uses my account and I do not have it synced across any mobile devices.  I am the only one with access to the interface.  

In either case, I delete the subscriptions and then a few hours or sometimes days later a slate of new playlist subscriptions appears.  I obviously am not subscribing to these.  

Has anyone had this issue before?  Is it some kind of bug?   I changed my password, etc.. and the same thing still occurs!! What the heck??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Random playlist subscriptions appearing in my account??

Djscene
Casual Listener

EDIT:  THIS WORKED.  NO MORE RANDOM PLAYLISTS

On the desktop version... I clicked on “APPS” on the left side of the window.

I noticed a number of apps that have access to my profile including Facebook, Alexa...... and a very curious app I don’t recal signing up for names “Artist Explorer”

the description for for the app says “this app will create playlist with related artists"

I just revoked access. Hopefully this will help.

20171209 Grand - Scene-95.jpgit worked!

29 Replies

alvik

I get the same thing. 

And I also tried to change my password, but I still get 3-4 random playlist subscriptions if I logout and re-login to my account.

soosie
Casual Listener

This just started happening to me - terrible stuff too, nothing I'd choose to listen to. 

yuwenmemon

yeah I've been getting the same problems as well.

aurora21

Same!  anybody find out what's happening here?

Corp
Casual Listener

OMG, I am not alone anymore. Hooray. I do feel bad for you guys though, this **uh-oh** sucks. It/he/her/WHATEVER really has an awful taste and adds playlists I'd never ever listen to. Jeez.

Hello guys, I have a crazy weird problem yeah? I use my Spotify a lot, but lately I've been thinking that someone might have gotten his/her dirty hands on me details. Is freaking weird.

I come home from work all battered and just wanna put on a nice playlist and die in my bed(ugh) and ithis has happened to me twice now, see new playlists on the left side menu. It's really weird and awkard. I've changed the password a couple of times, searched through my computer etc. It gives absolutely no positives of any sort, I've searched with several different tools. I've changed to absolutely never used passwords and never ever showed them to anyone. And still there's several playlists added.

Is this some kind of bug or such? Please, help is needed.

PS. You should add a function to log out all activated sessions, but hey, if i change the password, shouldn't a window saying wrong password pop up on the other part then? (Gosh, this kinda makes everything so much worse. IS SOMEONE WATCHING? D:)

David
Spotify Legend

Hello.

Corp - I've just merged your other post here, to make things a little neater.

I imagine you guys might be encountering a little playlist recommendation feature. It should look a iittle something like this (photo credit to hpguru)

word.png

Does this look familar at all? 

Airhorn Enthusiast

soosie
Casual Listener

yup - that popped up for me yesterday and fingers crossed, no randoms since then!

Corp
Casual Listener

No. I can't really say that I've ever seen that window ever. Can I do anything to conjure it? But that's weird, even if I had that window, would the playlists be automaticly ticked? That's just wrong man, really wrong. It should be set by default to unticked. But hey, i click through ... fast so i might have missed it. I mean, it is a very reasonable cause!

alex1m

Hi!

I got the same problem as you guys, so i contacted spotify, they have now answered and wonders if anyone know any of the names of the lists?? I just deleted al the lists, they wanted to check them out!

Please if you remember any of the names, write them so maybe we can stop this irretating bug!

SUGGESTED POSTS