Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random playlist subscriptions appearing in my account??

Solved!

Random playlist subscriptions appearing in my account??

Hi, so I keep noticing new subscriptions to random playlists each time I log into my account.  I am the only person that uses my account and I do not have it synced across any mobile devices.  I am the only one with access to the interface.  

In either case, I delete the subscriptions and then a few hours or sometimes days later a slate of new playlist subscriptions appears.  I obviously am not subscribing to these.  

Has anyone had this issue before?  Is it some kind of bug?   I changed my password, etc.. and the same thing still occurs!! What the heck??

29 Replies

This isn’t an answer. I don’t get suggested, I get SEVERAL unwanted playlists ( not anything I would ever listen to). This has been going on for a while now. I can’t be the only one and SPOTIFY will lose 10%-15% of their accounts if your team doesn’t start listening to this problem. Far too many options in your business for you to SUCK...

I have the same issue and it freaked me out because I thought someone had hacked my account. So I logged out of all devices and changed my password. However, today I open my app and a new playlist popped up “This is: Queen”. I’m getting really irritated that I pay for this service and random playlists show up on my account. Everything below “Ashley’s Reggaeton” is what was added to my list of playlists.

DBDC8558-0C5A-4741-A9AA-D0877E95E408.png
Marked as solution

EDIT:  THIS WORKED.  NO MORE RANDOM PLAYLISTS

On the desktop version... I clicked on “APPS” on the left side of the window.

I noticed a number of apps that have access to my profile including Facebook, Alexa...... and a very curious app I don’t recal signing up for names “Artist Explorer”

the description for for the app says “this app will create playlist with related artists"

I just revoked access. Hopefully this will help.

it worked!it worked!

Where are these "APPS"?

edit: found it:

https://www.spotify.com/us/account/apps/

Did the solution and 2 weeks later it still added 6 new playlists 😞

FireShot Capture 8 - Your Library - Playlists - https___open.spotify.com_collection_playlists.png

Man, where exactly is that 'app' button? I just can't see it (using the desktop version)

I haven't approved any apps (as found under the "apps" menu) and I still get these random playlists.  This is really annoying!

TRY DISCONNECTING FACEBOOK FROM SPOTIFY COMPLETELY.

THIS ALSO WORKED.

Life Remixed and Global Clean 50 

For me every morning I find a lot of new playlists under my "recently played"
I don't know how they got there and it annoys me....
Its:

Nice Morning with Smooth Jazz

Morning Music

Sunday Morning Running Workout Session

Morning Mediation Music

And they're mostly the same....
I'm really annoyed by now,

Cause I just want to start my last playlist again, and not search for it for awhile.

I have no apps connected, I disconnected facebook, disconnected all devices and changed my password.

This fixed it for 2 days  and now the problem is back.

Suggested posts