Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random songs playing after current song

Random songs playing after current song

I'm running on a free plan in the US, and I'm currently using my MacBook Pro 2018 13" on the latest OS. On my main Spotify account, whenever I play a song and it ends, it randomly skips to another song that I recently added to my library. However, when seeing if this happened on other accounts, it didn't. I just updated Spotify today, but this issue just came up about 20-30 minutes ago. Any ideas are welcome.

3 Replies

Hi @borderlinemad, welcome to the community!

The feature that you're experiencing is called Autoplay, it allows you to enjoy non-stop music, playing similar songs when the playlist/album you've listened to has ended.

In order to turn off this feature you can follow this guide that Spotify has provided.

However, if you're on a free account, as of the new UI changes, you will be restricted to shuffle.

Thanks, and have a lovely day!

@MickyDXIII the issue occurs in the middle of an album, where after a song in an album finishes, it goes to a random song in my library. The same issue does not occur on my other account, which is also a free account.

Thanks @borderlinemad for providing more information! Probably the best thing I can recommend is to reinstall Spotify using the following article, that will give us the best chance of solving your issue!

Thanks!

Suggested posts