Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random username

Random username

I made 3 times  an account for my mom and every time her name got replaced  for a string of random letters and numbers I tried to look it up and most posts are talking that it is because facebook but I didn't use Facebook to make the account 

6 Replies

Hey @Helpmij,

Spotify is always testing new things in order to improve. Recently, they've made some changes to the sign-up form, so that users can now choose a display name instead of a username.

Let me know if you have any questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

EWhat a joke. What is the use of a display name? As far as I remember I was asked to type in a username. What I got was a random word with numbers and characters. How am I supposed to login to Spotify.  Does Spotify want to me to use my email as the only option?

would like to get a clarification.

thanks

@Schwimmnixe04,

You're able to log into Spotify using your email address or your username.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've got the same problem. While creating new acount I typed my user name and instead of that I've got random signs. I do not want to use Spotify as 9qiqwgy9dtpbx04gbcvm1xvec. If it doesn't change, I will just resign. I'm really disappointed. I expect any help with that issue.

yes, I have the same problem It used to be different but now a lot of people get this and nowhere you can read what to do about it.

it is bad service 

I have the same issue with the random characters username, although I choosed one. Actually I can only login with the email. If I try it with the username it says that username/password is wrong.

Also if I log into the Spotify client on the windows pc I can see my choosen username. But I also cannot login with my username. If I open my profile on the web browser I get the random characters username again.

I would like to login with the username and not the mail. Also it would be nice if you could give an official statement why this random username stuff happens.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Suggested posts