Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Randomly skipping songs and playing Zae Day

Randomly skipping songs and playing Zae Day

Copying from another post and adding on....

"I have Spotify premium, and every once in a while, I will be playing one of my playlists, and the song will just skip to the next song. Other times, it will start playing a completely different playlist, one that I did not create (most often by the artist Zae Day, whom I've never heard of). I have tried signing out of Spotify everywhere, but the problem persists." 

Same + it also randomly starts connecting to some other "desktop PC" 

11 Replies

I have the exact same issue. Did you recently by any chance buy bluetooth wireless headphones by anker? I have the feeling since I connected those I have these issue.

Unfortunately not, I haven't gotten any new accessories for my computer. It seems to be happening out of the blue 

Do you listen with a bluetooth connected device in general? If I play from my computer and don't have any bluetooth speakers connected it doesn't happen for some reason. I get the same issue, song stops and randomly plays Zae day or Stackupgang or some other artists I never heard of...

I do listen with my airpods. Have been since November but this issue just started happening. When I turn bluetooth off it's fine. It happens on my phone too. 

It's getting to the point where even if I'm not playing music it will start playing on its own. I've had it randomly turn on in meetings at work. I've tried changing my passwords but nothing seems to work. Just deleted spotify and tried re-downloading it. I'll see if it works then. 

Just did this as well. For now it seems to work.

Same issue here plays less than a minuet of any track or playlist then this artist just appears this has to stop or im closing my accounts for good 

Hey all! Thanks for reporting this!

It sounds like someone might be using your account. The steps from this article should help, could you give them a shot? Let me know how you get on.

Thanks and have an awesome day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there! I actually already followed these steps and it still happens. I'll give it another go but outside of FB, can you think of another platform that I might need to change my password? I use a password manager so I don't have an duplicate passwords at this time. 

Hey @Brittanyloliver! Thanks for keeping me posted!

If you've tried all the steps from the article, I recommend getting in touch with Spotify's Accounts team here. They should be able to take a closer look. Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem , when i checked my approved applications there were 2 apps there who i have not given permission to. 

Gonna try to revoke all access + logout from all units and reseed my password.

---

I wonder if this started after Spotify was implemented on Discord

Hey folks,

Sorry for the delay here!

Just to check, is this still happening for you?

If so, is it happening when using the web player? Also, are you using any browser extensions? 

Keep us in the loop,

/M

Suggested posts