Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Community Staff - Desert Island Discs

Solved!

Re: Community Staff - Desert Island Discs

Sorry, new here. Please point me in the right direction if possible.

Email from spotify today , after my email to them.

They are telling me that any ad link clicks from my Facebook ads, which have me song link in them, do NOT count as plays on my Artist Spotify??

I had over 3000 clicks in two days on a Facebook ad, and if he is correct, then it's pointless.

What am I missing here. He hsaid Spotify "does not support 3rd party ads", and so any FB link click does not count in my numbers. But is it still a PAYABLE stream?

does anyone have any info? Sorry to jump into the wrong spot folks, but as I said, totally new on here.

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jprg539,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, only streams through the app or the web player count. People should, however, be able to click on the song title on the Preview to get to the full song.

When someone then plays the song through the app or the web player, it'll count as a play.

Also, any artist-related questions should be sent to the Artists Services Team. They might be able to give you some more info on this.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @jprg539,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, only streams through the app or the web player count. People should, however, be able to click on the song title on the Preview to get to the full song.

When someone then plays the song through the app or the web player, it'll count as a play.

Also, any artist-related questions should be sent to the Artists Services Team. They might be able to give you some more info on this.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts