Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Need your offline devices reset? Post here.

Re: Need your offline devices reset? Post here.

Hi Richard,

I just want to know if I can change from logging in with Facebook to having a Spotify login.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Caitlin

4 Replies

Hey there CaitlinNesci! Welcome to the Spotify Community.

I know I'm not Richard, xD, but I'd like to help you out with your situation, :).

You'll be glad to know that Spotify now allows you to register for its services using an e-mail address that isn't necessarily tied to your Facebook account. You can create a username and password and use that to use Spotify moving forward. If you'd like to transfer your playlists over from your old account to your new account, you can fill out a form at this link. If you get an automated response, you can just respond back to the e-mail and one of the Spotify professional staff will get back to you.

I hope this has helped you and I do sincerely hope you continue to thoroughly enjoy the Spotify streaming service. :).

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It depends on how your account was created, if it was created then the answer is unfortunately no. 

Have a read at this tutorial on how to disconnect from Facebook or get in touch with the customer services team and they will be able you move to a non-Facebook account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey Thanks!

Does it effect my subscription? I have unlimited and get billed once a month.

Cancelling sounds scary haha

@user-removed wrote:

Hey Thanks!

Does it effect my subscription? I have unlimited and get billed once a month.

Cancelling sounds scary haha

In that case get in touch with customer services using the link I posted above and they should be able to move your subscription over without cancelling 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts