Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re-connect facebook, error occurs

Re-connect facebook, error occurs

When Spotify didn't show the friend's activity, I tried to dis- and reconnect facebook. Problem: I can't reconnect. Error: "Login Error
There is an error in logging you into this application. Please try again later."

Solutions I tried:
1) Make sure Spotify connect on FB is active (it is)
2) Empty every browser's chache
3) Tried it on multiple devices
4) De- and reinstall Spotify
5) Made sure I am logged into FB and Spotify on every browser

Problem still occurs. TIA
5 Replies

Hi @Loba85,

Thanks for reaching out. What steps did you follow exactly to disconnect and reconnect Facebook? Did you get any error messages during that? Also please send us a screenshot of the error you get now, just make sure no sensitive information is visible. If all the devices you tried on were in the same network, please also try in different networks and see if it works then too. Trying in an incognito window is also worth it, even when you've otherwise cleared the cache, as things like browser extensions can also cause certain issues.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It appears like the problem solved itself. I can't tell what helped, as the log in happened delayed. The friend's activity is still not showing, but as this problem seems to appear and disappears regularly, again on all devices (Win and Mac desktop) and in different networks. 

Steps were: 1) Settings - Disconnect from Facebook 2) Settings - Connect to Facebook. A pop-up asks to log into facebook. 
After logging in, the following message appeared:  "Login Error
There is an error in logging you into this application. Please try again later."

In the spotify web version, I do not have/see the same settings (only language), so I am not sure how an Incognito window is going to work.

Thank you

I got the same issue i tried every thing and my facebook and spotify is connected but when i go in to my spotify setting it tells me to connect facebook again and i try litterly every thing but wont work

Hi there folks,

Thanks for the info.

@Loba85 glad to hear that it worked. As for the friend feed issue, be advised that the people you follow need to have enabled the sharing of their listening activity for them to appear on your end. This setting is off by default. However if the issue is intermittent, could you please send us some screenshots of what you see so that we can have a look?

@invalid13 perhaps you have two accounts and this is causing the confusion. Consider the steps provided here

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It sounds like you are having trouble reconnecting your Facebook account to Spotify. Here are a few additional things you can try to fix the problem:

1. Check if your Facebook account is not facing any issue by checking https://www.facebook.com/help/

2. Check if your Spotify account is not blocked or suspended by the Spotify team, this could be caused by a violation of the terms of service, you can contact Spotify support to check on that.

3. Check that your Facebook account is not linked to another Spotify account, if it is, unlink it from there.

4. Check if you are not running any VPN or proxy that could interfere with the connection.

5. Check your device's date and time settings and make sure that they are correct.

6. Revoke the Spotify app access to your Facebook account and try to reconnect it again.

7. Check your privacy settings on Facebook make sure that the app has the necessary permissions to access your account.

8. If none of the above solutions work, contact Spotify support for further assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide additional support.

It's important to note that sometimes, the issue could be caused by a temporary problem with the servers of the service, so try again later.

Suggested posts