Family Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10, Edge browser.

My Question or Issue

Hi - I created an account so I could sign up for a family plan for my family.  Since I left the "What should we call you?" field blank, it assigned me a long string of random characters as a username. 

From reading other posts here, I learned that I needed to delete and re-create my account if I wanted to change my username.   So I did.  

When I re-created my account, I filled in the "What should we call you?" field with my desired username  I wasn't given a warning that the username was taken, but when the account was created, I was again assigned the long string of random numbers.  

Now that I have signed up for a family plan as the managing member, how can I try again to change my username without messing up the family plan?  Thanks.

On a separate note, it would be nice if there were help in selecting a unique username up-front, instead of ignoring the request and assigning a random string of characters if the requested username was unavailable.

Thanks.

1 Reply

Hi @tstan Im sorry to say but you cannot change or select your spotify username anymore no matter what. It is given to you by a computer generated key. Hopefully this helps!:)

Suggested posts