Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Really bad!

Really bad!

hi Spotify

love this. What more than music could you wish for. I wanted to try spotify for 30 days so I subscribed and thought let's give it a go, but when the 30 days expired it would have been lovely to know that you were charged 10 pounds for it! that really is really poor I think! Makes me angry and I really liked the program so I would have subscribed for a few months, but it don't like being charged without anyone saying it! Just a heads up that I had expired would have been nice.

Still think you program is nice, but bear in mind that you could loose people with that kind of company policy!

7 Replies

if you had read the terms and conditions  section 10 ,then you would not feel as bad 🙂

10. Automatic subscription renewal
Your subscription to the Spotify Paid for Service will automatically renew at the end of each subscription term unless you terminate your subscription prior to the end of such subscription term in accordance with Section 17 (Term and termination), or, in the case of the Mobile Service, your access to the Mobile Service is revoked by Spotify in accordance with the Mobile Terms. Such renewal will always be for a monthly subscription term, even if the previous subscription term was for a six or twelve month period. If you would like to renew for a longer term, then please log into your account on the Spotify Websites. At the time of renewal the payment method you have designated to be charged for the purchase of the Spotify Paid for Service will automatically be charged with the applicable amount.

. At the time of renewal the payment method you have designated to be charged for the purchase of the Spotify Paid for Service will automatically be charged with the applicable amount.

Pretty sure there would have been something in the sign up pages that indicated what you were signing up for.

If the tenner a month package is not good for you then you can go for Unlimited or even free options: http://www.spotify.com/uk/get-spotify/overview/

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

i know that, but what im saying is that it doesn't cost anything ti tell people this, that reminder would be customer service and doesn't cost anything! Smiley Wink

Carpediem5959 - Hey! We really don't wish to deceive. When you sign up for the free 30 day Premium trial, you are informed that the account will continue on with a paid subscription when the trial period is over. This is unless you cancel the subscription at any time within those 30 days.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Apologies to anyone who got multiple email notifications from this thread - I had an issue while moving it over to the right forum. All sorted now.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

spotify doesn't like critic, they just delete you message if it's something they should do better, quite poor ..

It wasn't deleted. A Moderator moved it to the "Account Subscriptions & Downloads" folder.

Your post was a complaint about subscriptions, not "Welcome" or "News"...

You'll find it here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and/Really-bad/td-p/4151

Suggested posts