Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Received an email from a Spotify Artist

Solved!

Received an email from a Spotify Artist

I just received an email from an artist, it went something like this:

Hello [firstname],

I enjoy your Spotify [playlist name] playlist and want to introduce you to the band [artist]. While under the radar now, our releases have been spun by both [artist] and [artist]. We've also been sampled by [artist].

Please ponder listening to our single [song name] for possible inclusion in your sublime playlist. 

[link to track]

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

I did not know that the email I signed up to Spotify with was available to be used by artists. Is this a special privilege they have, or is my email available to anyone who can view my profile? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @yfilc

Thanks for the screenshot! 

I've removed the screenshot for other's security.

This isn't an email from Spotify for Artists or anyone from Spotify. You can just ignore it, make sure not to reply or send any personal information. 

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @yfilc, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Please don't open any attachments in the email, and don't reply or send any personal information. 

Can you send me a screenshot of the email you received, that also shows the sender's email address? Make sure to hide any personal information when posting to the Community. 

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star

*community rock star edit - removed screenshot for other's security*

@Billy-J 

Marked as solution

Hey @yfilc

Thanks for the screenshot! 

I've removed the screenshot for other's security.

This isn't an email from Spotify for Artists or anyone from Spotify. You can just ignore it, make sure not to reply or send any personal information. 

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts