Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I've been a Spotify Premium subscriber for a while now, and I keep getting ads even though the premium sign up page says that Spotify Premium is ad-free.

Examples of these include sponsored playlists where I am promoted new albums, and upsell adverts from spotify itself (for example a "Premium Duo" advert, which is particularly annoying as I do not have a partner to share an account with, and the spotlighting of spotify shows on the home page)

I would like to use Spotify without receiving advertisements as the sign-up page says.

How do I remove these ads?

13 Replies

Hi @randomtime,

Thank you for posting your question on the Community. 

Certainly, with a Premium subscription Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt your music. However, once in a while you can see a marquee that allows artists to reach out to their fans and promote new music. 

If you get one of those, you can turn them off by tapping on What's this?.

In case those persist or if you're seeing other types of ads, could you send us some video/screenshots showing those adverts? This way we can investigate further.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The Duo ads are particularly annoying because they accuse you of sharing your account when you are not.

They happen more frequently now. 

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply.

If you haven't already, we'd suggest disabling all notifications regarding product offers. You can do that on your Account page here.

If you've already done that and get the pop-ups, you're probably getting our marquees that @MafeG explained more about above. You can turn those off when you get them from the '' What's this?'' menu.

Hope this was useful. We're always here if there's anything else we can help with.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

I have all notifications disabled and the ad for Duo doesn't have a "What's this?" menu so they cannot be disabled.

The message says "Sharing Premium?", see attached picture. No, I am not sharing Spotify, I am the only user, and stop accusing me of that.

Screenshot_20220113-204144.png

Hi @user-removed,

Thank you for for your reply and for the screenshots. It was very helpful!

In this case we suggest that you log out from all of your devices, change your password and remove any third party apps by following the steps that's provided in this article?

Hopefully this will help. If the issue persists you can just get back to us in this thread.

Have a great continued weekend!

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

My account was not hacked. I use Spotify from multiple devices (Android Phone, iPad, the browser, and cast to multiple Google Home devices), all Spotify activity in the history is mine. 

I always get complaints from Spotify ("Spotify stopped because you are playing Spotify in another device") when I switch from playing from Google Home to my phone (mildly annoying).

Spotify should stop showing ads for Premium users, specially when all notifications are disabled.

There is no such "what's this" link. Every 2-3 days I seem to get a full screen ad for upsells of premium (invite a friend and duo).

Nothing is ticked on notifications. I don't want these ads.

Still happening to me about once per week, mainly if pulling up Spotify on my mobile while listening on desktop. It's unacceptable and intrusive behavior. I know that absolutely NO ACTION will be taken to resolve this, but I'm still livid enough to post my ire here. I know this has no bearing on the poor unfortunate souls in support, and that's all driven by ghostly executives who obviously don't **bleep** about the listening experience that established Spotify in the first place. I've complained loudly about internal podcast "advertisements" and now I will complain loudly about advertising useless upgrades to already paying users. Loud, loud, loud.

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Can you clarify if you're hearing adverts in Podcasts or between songs? It will also be helpful if you clarify if the ads are video or audio only. 

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

Me too!

Hey @SanteGaliazzo

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you send us the info @Alex asked for previously? We'll take a closer look. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

Since some weeks i receive advertimesements between podcasts. I attached a screenshot. This advert was from disney. Another i remember promoted Aldi.

I am premium user for some years already.

I tried relogin and deinstalling the app already. Didn't help..

Screenshot_20230505_142739_Spotify.jpg

My daughter keeps getting advertisements even though we have premium duo. How to get rid of them??

Suggested posts