Recent activity not updating

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Operating System

Android Nougat, Windows 7

My Question or Issue 

Since the past two weeks my recent activity became empty on all devices, both of which say: "No recent activity. Check out some new music now." (I listen to music daily.) I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, turned off and on again the recently played artists setting, but nothing is working. 

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's possible that something is up with your account. Would you mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hey Guido,

Yes, I'm a Premium member and frankly, this is just ridiculous. I'd rather cancel my subscription than close my existing account. There must be another way around this issue.

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us, and sorry for the late response!

We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

If you still are, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing so we can get a better idea of what you are seeing on your end?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Same issue here. Rather than canceling the subscription / shutting down the account, any other ways to solve this? Tried delete & re-download the apps on my iPhone X already...

Hey @choikarin.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If you mean that you can't see your Recently Played Artists, then this is an issue which we are aware of and which we are investigating. We suggest you head over to this thread here and leave the requested information as a comment in the thread. Make sure to leave a vote to show that you are experiencing this issue.

If it's a separate issue, could you tell us what it is? A screenshot of what you're seeing on your end would be super useful.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂

Suggested posts