NEXT STEP

Recently Activity and Play History not populating

Recently Activity and Play History not populating

Plan: Premium

Device

(iPhone 8 Plus ,  Macbook Pro 2017)

Operating System

(iOS 12.3.2, MacOS Mojave

My Question or Issue:   In the Overview tab of my profile my recent activity is not showing up.  When I also click history in my play queue it comes up blank.  The weird thing is my recently played songs in the right hand bar always updates as well as my friends recently played.  This is happening on my desktop as well as phone so across all devices.  I have uninstalled and re-installed on both devices!

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 9.22.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 9.22.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 9.22.36 PM.png
4 Replies

Hi,

Check this post:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Recently-Played-Artists-Not-Updating-Disappeared/m-p/46029...

It looks like it was a problem but it's solved but it also gives you some tips to make it work.

Regards,

René

It looks like this is an old thread but I am still seeing the problem
persist. I have restarted and re-downloaded all applications multiple
times.

Hi,

If you use the web player does it work then? In the main pain I see a section made for rené and then below that I see recently played.

What do you see there?

Regards,

René

Hey there @Spiro123,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Regarding your Recently Played Artists section missing from your profile page, could you double check that you have the Show my recently played artists setting toggled on? 

On desktop, you can find it by clicking the three-dot menu on the top left > Edit > Preferences > scroll down until you see the Social section. It should look like this:

image.png

Further, you mention that you're also missing your History on all your devices. If possible, could you give it another try logging in to these devices using another account to see if the issue persists?

If it doesn't, it'd be a good idea following the steps in this Spotify Answer to start anew with a different Spotify account. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts