Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played albums not updating

Recently played albums not updating

Recently played albums haven't updated on the Home page since about a month. A 2018 topic says it's been fixed however I don't see it. The odd thing is that it updates right away on Android

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop

14 Replies

Hey,

try to reinstall or check your updates for the Spotify app. 

Maybe log-in again I just look if it's working. 

Otherwise it's a bug or something, but it's worth a try 🙂

Hope this helps! 
Greets

Same here, Recent played music won't update in any of my devices (android app, ipad, desktop versions).

It stopped updating after I noticed that someone else was using my account. I reset my password and log out of all devices, re-installed all spotify apps but recent played has not updated since. It's been 2 months now and I don't want to have those sad boi rappers in my recently played lol.

Hey @Max_Lummo and @toni__pepperoni,

Just jumping in to ask you whether you'd mind sending us a screenshot of the 'not-updating' page or section as you see it in the app (so that we can look into this in grater detail) and to let you know that what you've experienced sounds like this Ongoing Issue.

It'd be helpful to take a look at it and follow the suggested steps in the Status update to see whether the issue is fixed as a consequence. If the steps don't help, fell free to add your vote (clicking +VOTE) and feedback by posting a comment and letting us know all the info you consider relevant regarding your situation.

We'll keep looking into this and update you as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, we'll be here for anything else we can help with! 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Screenshot 2020-01-29 210841.png

This is the section that hasn't been updated since I logged out of all my devices due to weird activity I noticed in my account. It's been looking like this for a long time.

Worth noticing that all my devices are running the latest Spotify version. I use the Windows 10 desktop app, android app and ios app for iPad.

I've had the same issue. I have the Windows Spotify app on my work PC, home PC, and iPhone. On both PCs and on the web player (see attached photo), the 'Recently Played' section has data from sometime around November if i had to guess. Any help would be super appreciated. This feature is very useful.

Spotify Recently Played.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We can confirm that this is an issue we're aware of, but we don't have an exact timeline for a fix.

Make sure to subscribe to this relevant Ongoing Issue thread - we'll make sure to keep you updated there and let you know as soon as we have any further info.

We are also aware of a similar issue regarding the Recently Played Artists section in users' public profiles. Make sure to head over here for the latest on that.

Cheers!

The EXACT thing happened to me!! Except it's a very odd assortment of sad country boi music. My recently played is still not updating

It's the Windows 10 desktop app and web player that are stuck.  They are both showing a song I played WEEKS ago.  The Android app works fine.  This "bug" has been an issue for 2+ years from the community posts.  Seems like Spotify isn't making much effort to fix it other than trotting out the lazy "log out and log in" and "uninstall and reinstall" suggestions, neither of which solve the problem.

Well yeah I'm having the same problem -- using Windows Desktop app too. It's sad that Spotify neglects the much prominent page on their app like this.

same problem. got a new pc and it's still happening. very irritating

Clearly they don't give a sh*t as it's been however many weeks and there's been no fix, no update, no nothing.  Incompetence across the board it seems.

Heads up, same issue here still happening after re-installing the OS for other reasons. Recently Played shows artists from before the install:

Spotify on Linux (ubuntu-based)
version 1.1.10.546.ge08ef575

Screenshot shows "Recently Played" on Home versus "Recently Played Artists" in profile. iOS and Android apps show correct Recently Played artists per device, no issue there.

spotify_Screenshot_20200613_112805.png
spotify_Screenshot_20200613_112904.png

I can confirm this on Windows - the Recently Played appears to be fine in Your Library, but it is not updated in Home.

Seems to be this issue:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Recently-Played-section-not-updating-anymore...

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We can confirm this is the issue we posted about in this thread and that it has been rightfully pointed out by @lucianct

We'd suggest to head here and add your +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread, so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

In order to consolidate threads and feedback on this, we'll be closing this thread for further replies and will be monitoring the Ongoing Issue.

Hope this was helpful for you. 

Stay safe! 

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts