Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played artists not updating

Solved!

Recently played artists not updating

My Question or Issue - For a week now, my recently played artists aren’t updating in my app. I disabled the settings to display recently played artists and share listening activity. I deleted my cache. I logged out and deleted the app. I powered off my phone. I reinstalled the app. I logged in. I re enabled the settings to display recently played artists and share my listening activity. I’ve been listening for 2 hours and my app is NOT updating recently played artists. I don’t have any navigation apps connected. Am I missing something? I have a Verizon Wireless Unlimited Plan and Spotify Premium. Located in the US. Current device is iPhone XS and iOS 13.2.3. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @alclar914 and @user-removed,

Thanks for confirming that for us.

Make sure to head over to this thread, where we're asking users for additional info.

UPDATE: Since the original issue has now been fixed, if you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here and we'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks! Take care 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies

My recently played artists haven't updated for 2 weeks now. I've tried all of the usual things.

It's outrageous they're ignoring this. £10 for premium and you have errors like this lasting weeks.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Do you mind confirming that this is the case if you open the app on another device, preferably on desktop?

If it is, could you let us know if you're seeing the first artist in the list update when you skip a song in the desktop app?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

The recently played artists page is completely frozen on both desktop and mobile. Has been for 2 weeks. The first artist doesn't update - none of them do. On any device.

On both desktop and mobile apps, my recently played artists do not update after heavy listening activity. I use a MacBook Pro for my desktop application. 

Marked as solution

Hey @alclar914 and @user-removed,

Thanks for confirming that for us.

Make sure to head over to this thread, where we're asking users for additional info.

UPDATE: Since the original issue has now been fixed, if you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here and we'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks! Take care 🙂

"But we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version with fixes and new features."

Yeah, and most of us have already told you that we're on the latest version. Stop fobbing us off with this nonsense. 🙂

Hye @user-removed,

Apologies for the confusion - I've since updated my last post with the latest info.

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Please fix. It is still not working even when I changed my FB password I use to sign in.

My recent update and comment for this issue is here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Recently-played-artist-not-updating/idc-p/4872662/hi...

There's no use complaining at this point. They've made it abundantly clear they don't care. I guess you need to consider whether it's something you can ignore as a premium user or switch to another streaming platform.

Still not updated yet, we pay for this platform and you don't even care. My recently played artists are the same since the beginning of December. You need to fix this problem asap otherwise people will consider changing their platform which they pay for.

This issue is STILL occurring. Please for the love of god, fix this issue! For a service that is so widely used and has as many resources as you do, it's ridiculous and absurd that you refuse to put any time or effort into this. It might be something minor, but it completely affects how I use your application now, and goes to show how much you really care about user input or issues that are occurring. You also marked it as fixed which is completely misleading and only infuriates your subscribers and customers even more. You should all be embarrassed. 

Suggested posts