Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Operating System

Windows 10 + Android

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Yesterday something strange happened to my account while listening, my playlist suddendly stopped and a bunch of recently listened song appeared out of nowhere, I've never heard about them and most are pretty obscure with <1000 listens per song.

Subsequently on this, I changed the passwords of my spotify account as well as of my email very quickly (on another device I'm usually using for listening to spotify, but safe) and logged out all devices. The problem is this issue reappeared today, with some new strange listened to songs.
Please don't just simply tell me that someone hacked my account, this seems impossible to get back my password that quickly. Also after having myself listened to some of these recently played songs, most of them are basically just random noise. To me this looks much more like some security flaw where someone is able to create some fictive plays on some strange songs.

Is there anything you can do about this?

The list of suspect songs/albums:

• Dave Berg - Open Up
  • Hardnate - This is the beginning
  • Kylon - Cold Hands
  • DionStore - The oversky
  • Lil Neil - Mill Ticket
  • Jorj -poppin'
  • JSlime5 - Slime Season
  • No Phear - At Zion's Gate
  • LuckyKidd - True Leader
  • Styleon - Spend the Night

Thank You

16 Replies

Hey @Curious_Monk,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First, it'd be good for you to bookmark and follow the steps in this support page article since they feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date.

Regarding the artists and songs you highlighted as suspicious, we'll make sure to report them to the right team so they can take care of the situation. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem. (with different recently played songs). Have tried everything suggested but the list is still not mine and occasional new songs are added.

Hello there @AlbertF,

Glad to have you on the Community! No worries - help's here 🙂

Are the tracks you're seeing in your Recently Played random or could this be something that your family or friends are listening to? Keep in mind that if your account is linked with a voice assistant, it might be accidentally used by others if they have access to the connected speaker and ask it to play something on Spotify.

Do the unfamiliar songs appear on all of your devices or just one specific device? Would you mind logging in on a different device, to see if that makes a difference?

If, however, you feel that someone else is using your account, be sure to follow the steps on this page. Hopefully it will not come to this! But should you loose access to your account, our support teams will be able to help you secure it and hand it back to you.

Feel free to reach out to us again, if you're having any concerns.

Take care!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The tracks are random and are all obscure. They appear on all my devices.

I have reset my password but I just went in to do it again and found two random strangers registered on my family account. I have removed them, changed the password again and logged out everywhere again.

Hopefully that does it.

Hi, 

My recently played list is still being hijacked. It gets updated regularly with random and very unusual tracks, I've never heard of.

It happens in all my devices. I have reset passwords, email addresses, logged out everywhere with no success.

Anybody any ideas? 

Kind regards

Hey @AlbertF,

Just jumping in to add something to @Xenia's very valuable suggestions. 

In order to have your Recently Played realigned with your music tastes and choices, it'd be good to allow it some time while you follow all the suggestions you'll find here. The article features, for example, some useful tips regarding diversifying your passwords and email addresses for various services and double-checking there aren't any third-party apps unexpectedly affecting your Spotify account.

If you'd like to keep an eye on what music is being played with your Spotify track after track, you can always check the HISTORY tab ( in the Queue menu) on desktop.

Hope you'll find this useful. Don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything else you might need help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm having the exact same problem! I'm not sharing my Spotify account with anyone, and I've never heard of any of the artists on my Recently Played. I took a deeper look and the most recently played songs are from artists who only have 1 song uploaded and are all published in 2020. I also don't listen to anything from Spotify when I go to sleep, so it isn't possible for music to keep going on when I'm not listening to it.

These are the albums I've apparently "listened to", with the most recently played song at the bottom.

spotify:album:5lNA4pPUdsNReDP7Si6P6z

spotify:album:3zZ6lyvpQpVtIMf3Nw4YBz

spotify:album:2YdVAvuB4wa1pjSXiMnMHV

spotify:album:2577KF4bana4CFo8Lzx2eV

spotify:album:1njXeCUgUhvxvB70ZJcmLR

spotify:album:1N8enzNpaUkB8vh9IyMBCE

spotify:album:1yPgoHHPy0PQ5gSYsk78kd

spotify:album:4Fl2Q8CxKW7OTdtxsF1zkZ

spotify:album:0r1qyljcXcY1gbjUbrRv0Z

spotify:album:3lNF6jpfFqHkCMJCh5Kguc

spotify:album:5PMOWWk9FdKKwfC14SXnHS

spotify:album:037LU4ethlfYZi4LE6vH91

spotify:album:7G6dbmYlfynG2LbqGbqv9u

spotify:album:2ICXV9TTv93nJl3EOMpQKE

spotify:album:0AXdgNZd9Jjk0evlm8Hj2b

spotify:album:0SHGFAL8WZUvpWb5iLPp6E - this one's a Miley Cyrus album. I don't listen to Miley Cyrus.

spotify:album:1PRkvhEirqCBKFZenrUwW1

spotify:album:7qHCAsq333pRqlsHkLCxvR

spotify:album:2RLN5KGykT8urnEcLDkq6T

spotify:album:2w8DHDhmi1pZHBA7fTDItL

spotify:album:7zGmAkWVrIaaPMbSqx5Hu8

spotify:album:4BQZGKena32DulyCxeZMOw

spotify:album:2mJwpCOQnEc19ourt1WfQJ

spotify:album:7eIliFT5ifBlBYIRRZ6anw

spotify:album:15jQTb0T7hbUMY1n6M8FSt

spotify:album:2vJtdatKSQXFBB9MPFPzWZ

spotify:album:7ds3LD3heO7e74idkgYfS6

Please fix this immediately!

Hi - I have had the same issue.

I have already changed my password and forced logged out but definitely think all the music it played is suspicious as its only one track on each album with huge numbers.

Definitely think they are doing it just to get paid and fraud actual artists.

Thanks
Jess

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 5.32.03 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 5.32.35 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 5.34.40 pm.png

remove all apps at https://www.spotify.com/us/account/apps/
might be it

Hey folks,

Thank you for your replies.

If you followed these steps and still have the same issue, we suggest that you remove all apps as @hellogotohell suggested.

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have exactly this problem and it is incredibly frustrating!!! I have reset my passwords multiple times and logged out multiple times. I've had these obscure artists on my account now for months.

My recently played and my jump back in are completely filled with music and albums that i have never seen or heard of in my life. One thing ive also noticed is when you click on these 'artists' and 'albums' - all of the songs appear to be greyed out and cannot be played. The artists also have a small number of listeners and no bio, no overview no nothing. The names of them also appear to be computationally randomised. 

Dasya Dibbert Jul

Athina Bones

Louisa Kait Kovacek

Frankie Domeniga Cla

Prudi Stiedemann Clis

Clotilda Sawayn Danyk

and many more. What can be done to fix this??? Its clearly some way of logging into peoples accounts to get streams so they can gain some money?

My listening history is also empty.

Hey @laja-a

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We'd recommend checking this article where you'll find a few more tips on how to secure your account.

In case you think someone has gained access to your account, we'd recommend following all the steps in this article. If this doesn't do the trick, you can reach out to our Support team here. They'll be happy to assist you further and check if everything is in order with your account.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Have a nice day.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Change to a new email address works. Signing out of apps and reset passwords are useless.

Hey @MG77S

Thanks for posting here.  

We’re happy to hear this got fixed for you after updating your email address with Spotify.

If you have any questions we're always one post away. 

Еnjoy your music!

I've done password resets, unlinked apps and signed out from everywhere multiple times but the same problem keep occurring again and again: recently played is messed up with songs I never played and automatically curated playlists and status (mix, discover weekly, end of year stats) are messed up too due to listening habits I don't have.

given I reset everything multiple times and the usual "your account is being used in another device" DOES NOT appear, I strongly believe the account is NOT hacked.

It seems a quite worrying bug, as it implies different accounts personal data are being messed up and changing the email can't be an official response to this...

Hey there @npanizzolo,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case we suggest that you contact out customer support so that they can have a closer look directly at your account.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts