Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played not updating

Solved!

Recently played not updating

My recently played history has stopped updating as of the last 2 days. It only captures history of playback on my phone (Oneplus 3) but not my mac desktop app.  Any advice? I tried logging in and out, toggling sharing features etc but no luck.

Premium

India

Macbook Pro early 2015

macOS Mojave

Thanks!

EDIT: To be more specific, it seems like albums only dissapear from Recently Played when I add albums/tracks directly to my queue. But if I select play directly on the album page it seems to be showing up. Same for playlists I've curated, they show up in Recently Played as well.

TLDR, albums not showing up in my recently played when I add them to my queue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

I checked and indeed I have the same behaviour.

Then I asked my self the question if it does make sense. If I would add single songs to my queue, would it make sense to see them all separately on recently played? For me not, it will feel like my recently played is messed up.

So for me it makes sense and my advice for me to you would be to just play the album.

So I think this is by design. Of course you can submit a new idea in the ideas section. Describe what you want clearly, maybe you can convince me and I will add my vote.

Regards,

Renรฉ

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

I checked and indeed I have the same behaviour.

Then I asked my self the question if it does make sense. If I would add single songs to my queue, would it make sense to see them all separately on recently played? For me not, it will feel like my recently played is messed up.

So for me it makes sense and my advice for me to you would be to just play the album.

So I think this is by design. Of course you can submit a new idea in the ideas section. Describe what you want clearly, maybe you can convince me and I will add my vote.

Regards,

Renรฉ

thanks for your reply, which does make sense! I might follow your suggestion for the next step.

Hey @flurofluro,

How's it going? Just wanted to check in and see if @Rene01 managed to resolve your issue ๐Ÿ™‚

Keep us posted!

The same things happens for albums. Has been stuck for a few months it seems like. This is a problem that has not been fixed AFAIK.

Hey @mrg001,

Thanks for posting about this here.

This is an issue which we're aware of but which doesn't have a timeline for a fix.

For more info on this and for future updates on our progress, make sure to check out this Ongoing Issue thread.

Take care for now!

Suggested posts