Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played still not working..help!! again

Recently played still not working..help!! again

Hi there

Unfortunately I am still struggling with this problem.

I have followed all the guidance given in previous posts.

The 'Recently Played' will work for as few weeks and then stop updating.

Any further guidance would be welcome.

13 Replies

Hey There ! would be wise to e-mail Spotify's tech support they're very responsive and will help in seconds

Hey @thedude.

Thanks for posting on the Community! We'll be glad to help out 🙂

First, could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you have tried already?

In any case, we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here, as this can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hi Peter

Thank you for the guidance. Followed the instructions to the letter. No change.

Hey @thedude.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Could you let us know on which devices the recently played artists don't update and on which devices they do? You also mention that it will work for a few weeks and then stop. Are there any steps you take to make it work for a while?

We'd also like to know if you are talking about the Recently played which you can find in the app, or the Recently played on your profile. Because the second can be switched off in the settings so be sure to check that.

Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

The current issue is on the desktop software for both a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 7 PC.

This the recently played with the desktop software.

The recently played works on my Android app.

The desktop software sorted itself out following an update.

Hey @thedude.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Just to confirm, did you mean that the problem is fixed with the latest update?

Let us know!

Unfortunately not.

A previous update seemed to sort out the problem which has subsequently returned.

Hey @thedude.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Please note. The issue is with the Windows desktop software and not the Android app.

Many thanks.

Hey @thedude.

Thanks for getting back to us.

The link we sent you in our previous post is for an issue that happens across all operating systems. So feel free to try the steps mentioned in the status update and if that does not help, you may reply and vote to let us know you are affected.

Hope it will work. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Breaking news. 'Recently played' just appeared again. Thank you Spotify.

I have done a clean install per instructions and still my recently played do not show up. Any suggestions?

Hey there @bokashi

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts