Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recharged after canceled subscription

Recharged after canceled subscription

So i Cancelled my monthly subscription to Spotify a while ago and today i get a charge of $9.99 on my Paypal Account, i would like this fixed, please.

Thank you.

1 Reply

Hello efren115, First a quick bit of trouble shooting. Since your charge was $9.99, I assume that you aren't subscribed to Spotify through the iTunes app store, correct? The charge there should be $12.99, but when canceling a Spotify subscription managed through Apple, you have to ensure you go through Apple to do so.

Next question, is when you went through the cancellation process, did you get a confirmation email of your cancellation? Spotify sends out confirmation emails when you successfully subscribe, or successfully unsubscribe. If you did not get an email then unfortunately you never finished the cancellation process, and are still enrolled as a premium member. Simply go through the process again, you can start it here on your subscription's page, and make sure you follow all the way through. It's not as simple as a a single click, and most often this is the issue people are having when they report that they were billed even though they did cancel. 

If you did get a cancellation email, are you certain that you canceled the right account? Some users have instances of duplicate accounts, and it's important to rule that out. The simplest way to confirm would be seeing that Spotify is only making a single charge each month on your PayPal statement. 

Now, if all of that is in order, and you still got charged, then ultimately I would recommend getting in touch with support. Note that if you receive an automated email directing you to the community and/or help boards, make sure you reply directly to that email (even if it is from a no reply address) and support will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hope this helps, and please don't hesitate if you have any other questions. Best of luck!

Suggested posts